"Tie"riffic Father's Day Cards
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Wish dads, grandpas, and brothers a Happy Father's Day with these "Tie"riffic Father's Day Cards from Fiskars. These adorable cards and coupon books will be a huge hit with the guys in your life, and this is one tie that dad will surely be happy to receive!
- Holiday Hooplah Simple Stick™ Repositionable Rubber Stamps (8" x 8")
- Stitcher Scissors (No. 5)
- Portable Scrapbooking Paper Trimmer (12")
- Stamp Block Set
- Paper gift bag
- Glue Dots
- Patterned paper
- Tie Pattern
Tie-rrific Gift Bag: A simple white party favor sack can hold a number of surprises, but the real treat is the fun you’ll have choosing the paper to create a traditional tie or a bow tie to embellish your gift bag. This is one of those simple ideas that pack a powerful punch and it’s all in the simple details of choosing a paper that is reminiscent of fabric and adding small button embellishments to pull it all together.
To create the shirt band, you simply fold down the top of the unopened bag about 1 ½” and crease. Then unfold and use your scissors to make a 1” deep cut along the crease from both outside edges in toward the center. Place your gift inside the bag, then pinch the top closed and fold the flaps in at a 45-degree angle. Secure the flaps with glue dots and embellish the front with either a hand-cut traditional tie or a bow tie. Now, it’s time to add even more realistic details, such as; buttons and or brads to resemble a tie-tack.If you’d like, you can secure the outside cut edges of the bag with a small piece of scotch tape to ensure nothing falls out.
Tie-rrific Coupon Book: Coupon books redeemable for acts of service are a great way to get children thinking about how they can go out of their way to do something for dad. What father doesn’t love to receive a little coupon booklet from his children that he can redeem throughout the weeks to come. These booklets are made with the help of a word processing program and an interchangeable perforation blade for your paper trimmer, and come together in less than 15 minutes.
Simply trace a tie template onto patterned paper and cut out using your detail scissors.
Insert your perforation blade into your paper trimmer blade chamber.
Lay the ties onto your paper trimmer at the smallest width of the tie and make one pass with the perforation blade. As you can see you can lay up to 4 ties across the cutting groove before making your pass. This will perforate the paper allowing the coupons to easily tear away much like a traditional coupon. Then, all that’s left is to print the PDF, stamp the phrase ‘happy father’s day’ found on the Holiday Hooplah stamp set, cut out your coupons and adhere one to each tie. Once you’ve done that, gather them up in a stack and staple together at the top of the tie with two staples and you’re ready to gift it.
Tie-rrific Greeting Card: Lastly, what do you need to accompany all these thoughtful gifts? Why, a greeting card, of course! While the technique involved with this card focuses more on making an origami-folded shirt, we can still embellish it with a tie and call it tie-rrific, yes?
For the origami-fold, I just found simple instructions by googling. I found the folding was made much easier when using my bone folding tool. This especially makes folding easier if you’re using heavy-weight cardstock paper and will definitely make your folds much crisper in appearance. Once you learn the folding technique you’ll find that you can use any size of rectangle and still end up with the same results. To finish off the card with an appropriate sentiment, I once again turned to the same stamps from the Holiday Hooplah set.If you just can’t figure out what to get dad for father’s day, why not gift him with some cash and fold it up into a shirt, origami-style. You can even add a patterned paper tie, using temporary adhesive to adhere it. Dad is sure to get a kick out of that!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
- Office Memo Board
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas free eBook
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video
- Father's Day Spice Rubs
- Golf Ball Flowers for Father's Day
- "Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- Necktie Cell Phone Case
- Puppet Golf Club Cover
- Fast Folded Card
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page