Make Dad something logical and useful for Father's day this year. In only five easy steps you can make him a fun Plaid box to hold all his loose change in. It serves as a great little piggy bank only for Dad.
- 235 - FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Ice Blue Dark, 2 oz.
- 320 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Jamaican Sea, 2 oz.
- 513 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Cayman Blue, 2 oz.
- 78046 - Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Letter Packs - Collegiate
- 938 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- CS11305 - Mod Podge ® Matte, 4 oz.
- Memory box
- Play money
- Chipboard letters in various sizes
- Scrapbook pad "MVP"
- Liner brush
- ¾" flat brush
- Stencil brush
- ¼" flat brush
- Hot glue & gun
- Basecoat the entire box and all the wooden/chip board letters with licorice using the ¾" flat brush. Highlight the letters with jamaican sea using the liner brush.
- Choose enough play money to cover the top of box. Dry brush using the stencil brush, the money first with cayman blue next with Ice blue dark and last with licorice adding a little more around the edges. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Paint Jamaican sea stripes on sides of lid with ¼" brush and ice blue dark with the liner brush alternating each color as you go. Once dry, dry brush licorice at the top and bottom edge of lid. Dry brush jamaican sea on top of the upper edges of box.
- Open up box and trace each side of box onto the back scrapbook paper. Cut out each piece and glue to the sides of box using the mod podge. Repeat with the play money on top of lid. Allow to dry and then add an extra coat of mod podge. Allow to dry.
- Hot glue the letters onto the top of box as shown in photo.