By: Terri O. for Super Simple Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Handyman Bouquet from Terri O. makes a great gift for the man in your life. Made with electrical tape, burlap, canvas, and screen, this colorful bouquet is great for Father's Day or would even be suitable for fall or Thanksgiving. Men of all ages will love this colorful floral arrangement and, best of all, they don't have to worry about watering it! This is a great way to show dads, brothers, and husbands just how much you care.
- 12-gauge wire
- Green grounding connectors (wire caps)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- 22-gauge wire
- Spray paint, variety
Canvas Flower Supplies:
- Canvas dropcloth, cut into four 5-inch squares
Window Screen Flower Supplies:
- Gray window screen, cut into 3-inch-by-18-inch strips
- Sawtooth picture hangers
Paper Stalk Flower Supplies:
- Painters' ropen paper, cut into three 6-inch squares, two 7-inch triangles and one 2-inch-by-6-inch strip
Burlap Flower Supplies:
- Rolled burlap, cut into three 6-inch squares
- Standard duty wallpaper paste, combined 1 part water and 1 part wallpaper paste
- Paper cups
Electrical Tape Eucalyptus Supplies:
- Electrical tape, brown
- Seed Cover Leaf Supplies:
- Electrical tape, green
- Seed cover fabric, cut into 10-inch squares
For Canvas Flowers: Paint canvas squares with desired spray paint. Cut canvas squares across two sides, leaving a solid area of 2 inches in the center of square. Fold squares; gather in the center with 22-gauge wire. Separate layers and gently pull in different directions. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
For Window Screen Flowers: Paint screen desired color. Fold each side of screen toward its center. Attach 22-gauge wire to sawtooth picture hanger. Lay strip of screen across hanger; wrap tightly with wire. After each wrap, make a 1- to 2-inch loop; wrap again. Repeat process until length of picture hanger is covered. Spread loops apart; shape as desired. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
For Paper Stalk Flowers: From the paper squares, cut a 4-sided propeller shape. From the paper triangles, cut a 3-sided propeller shape. Cut a 2-sided propeller shape from the paper strip. Paint paper as desired. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist green grounding connector onto wire. Slide a 4-sided paper propeller onto wire; secure with hot glue. Repeat process, leaving a 3-inch space between each propeller.
For Burlap Flowers: Cut squares into 4-sided pinwheel shapes. Dip into wallpaper paste mixture; drape over paper cup to dry. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist a green grounding connector onto wire. Place 3 dried pinwheels together; slide onto wire. Push center into green grounding cap; secure with hot glue.
For Electrical Tape Eucalyptus: Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. At top of wire, pinch tape together. Continue wrapping tape around wire, leaving a 3/4-inch pinched tab after each wrap. After entire length of wire is wrapped, clip tab edges to create the look of rounded leaves.
- For Seed Cover Leaf: Paint tape and wire green. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Fold green seed cover fabric in half twice, to create a small square. Pinch bottom corners together; press against wire about 4 inches from the top. Starting above the leaf, wrap green electrical tape around wire. Tightly wrap gathered section, shaping cloth like a leaf. Repeat process until desired number of leaves are made.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas free eBook
- "Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- "Tie"riffic Father's Day Cards
- "Father's Day Crafts" eBook
- Dad's Golfing Frames
- Top 8 Homemade Crafts for Father's Day
- 10 of the Best Father's Day Craft Ideas
- Upcycled Washi Tape Storage Box
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Make Easy Picture Frames from Old School Papers
- Along Came A Spider Yarn Wreath
- Easy Puffy Colorful Purse
- Faux Marble Tray-an Easy DIY to Make
- DIY Notebooks for Back to School
- Off The Shoulder T-Shirt Dress
- Burlap Wall Art with Wood Cutout
- Crochet Heart Stitch Cardigan
- DIY Lovely Home Decor