Fabulous Dad Card
By: Diane Long from Diane's Studio
This is such a creative card to make for dad. If you're looking for a fabulous homemade card for Father's day then this is the greatest card for you. In just a few steps it can be ready for a lovely message inside.
- Various sized alphabet stamps
- Clear pigment ink (Ranger clear embossing ink or VersaMark)
- Sheet of metal (available in craft stores and online)
- Patterned and plain papers.
- Pop dots, double sided tape
- Ranger Distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo
- Hole punch, ½ inch circle punch
- Sticker of a ruler
- Cut a generous sized piece of metal (allowing enough room depending on the size of your stamps)
- Sand the metal with sandpaper in random motions to remove some shine. Wipe off dust.
- Stamp ur a gr8 dad on the metal with clear ink, heat emboss with embossing powder.
- Optional--you can rub across the embossed letters with your hand (when cool) this will slightly smudge the lettering if you want that look.
- Trim the metal to the size you want.
- Punch 2 holes at the top corners of metal sign, thread twine through, knot..
- Mount metal sign onto a card body that you have layered smaller pieces of patterned and solid papers on to.
- Punch ½ in circle out of metal, draw a line down the center to make it look like a screw.
- slide the edges on top of the ink pad, emboss with distressed ink to give the look of a rusty nail. attach with a pop dot to “hang” the sign.
- Add ruler embellishment (you could also use hammer, baseball glove, fishing pole etc)