Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
By: Authentic Knitting Board
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These knitted cabin slippers for men from Authentic Knitting Board would be perfect for a Father's Day gift or just for yourself.
See this project and more in 12 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend!
Beginner to advanced (be sure you understand the need for the anchor yarn)
Made in 3 pieces-each slipper
- Body of slipper Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick Cabin Brown 2.5 sts=1” (1) skein
- Cuff of slipper Lion Brand Jiffy Quick and Easy #124 Camel 3sts=1” (1) skein
- Knitting board with 30 needles ( ½” standard spacing)
- Knit hook to lift the loops
- Crochet hook to finish edges
- Large sewing or darning needle to sew pieces together
Sizes Sml (10” length at bottom of foot) width aprox 4-1/2”
Med (11-12” length at bottom of foot), width aprox 5”
Lge (13” length at bottom of foot), width aprox 6”
- Main body of slipper: (Knit 2)
- Cast On 10 (12) 16 stitches with brown yarn. Lay anchor yarn.
- Knit in Stockinette for (2) rows.
- Next row: You will extend the stitches to include the toe and foot.
- Weave in Stockinette for a total of 22 (26) 30 stitches. You are adding new stitches at one end of board.
- Lay a new anchor yarn over the new stitches.
- Hook over original stitches. The new stitches only have one loop and you can’t hook them until the next row. Do nothing to new stitches at this row.
- Knit in Stockinette for a total of 20 (24) 28 rows. (for wider feet, Knit additional rows. Each 2 rows will add aprox ½” to width.)
- Bind Off for the foot area: (You will bind off the stitches that were added.)
- Starting at end opposite the attached yarn, bind off with crochet hook by pulling 1 loop thru 1 loop. When you get to the original 10 (12) 16 needles, lay the last loop on the crochet hook onto the end needles. This will create a double loop on the last needles.
- Knit the original needles for (2) rows. When you get to the end needles with extra loop, be sure to lift the 2 bottom loops over.
- Bind Off the remaining stitches starting at end opposite the yarn attachment.
- Bind Off both sets of anchor yarns at opposite edge. Set the slipper aside.
- Knit 2nd slipper just like this one.
- Toe/top of slipper: (Knit 2)
- Cast On (6) stitches in Stockinette Stitch. All sizes.
- Knit 6 (8) 8 rows
- Decrease (1) stitch each end of board (both sides of board). You now have 4 sts for all sizes.
- Knit in Stockinette for 14 (16) 18 additional rows.
- Bind Off with crochet hook.
- Knit additional toe/ top slipper just like this one.
- Bind Off at anchor yarn.
- Sewing the Slipper together. Fold slipper lengthwise. The shorter end is the toe side. The taller end is the cuff side.
- Mark the center of the toe end with piece of yarn.
- One extra piece (toe/top) will be sewn in between the 2 sides of the top of the slipper. The wider end is the toe end. Match the center of toe end with center of toe on slipper. Slip a piece of yarn thru the 2 pieces at matching centers.
- Start sewing the top of slipper to one side of slipper (main piece). You will be starting at point where the slipper extends for the cuff. Ease the 2 pieces together as you sew so that the seams are even and the toe is rounded. Sew to the center marker.
- Sew the other side of slipper to the slipper toe/top, easing the 2 pieces together, ending at the center marker. This will complete the top of slipper.
- Sew the heel from slipper bottom to top at cuff.
- Making the Cuffs: (Make 2) Now that your slipper is sewn together except for the cuff, you can get an exact measure for how long to make each cuff so that it fits the slipper. Measure with soft measure tape around the cuff area and add ½”. This should be aprox 12” (13”) 14”.
- Cast On (6) Stitches using the Camel Jiffy yarn. Lay anchor yarn.
- Knit in Stockinette Stitch for 34 (36) 38 rows or until the piece measures the same length as your measurement around the cuff area.
- Bind Off.
- Bind Off at anchor yarn.
- Sewing the Cuffs: The ends of the cuff will match with the cuff area starting where the slipper top begins. Match the (2) side edges, laying the cuff around the slipper. Secure the ends to the slipper with a crochet hook or similar long needle to hold in place as you sew.
- Use the invisible stitch to sew one edge of cuff to edge of slipper. You should sew the slipper about ½” from top. Sew the cuff using very edge stitch.
Now, roll the opposite edge of cuff over the top of slipper, matching the corners. Sew in place. You may want to turn the slipper inside out to sew this side. You may close up the ends of the cuff in your sewing or use it as a casing for a drawstring. Our sample has the ends closed up. If you choose the casing, your slipper will take on the appearance of moccasins, a nice variation.
If you need more slipper patterns, see our collection of 14 Cozy Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
- Rib Rub Gift Jar
- "Father's Day Crafts" eBook
- Father's Day Grilling Apron
- "Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- Golf Ball Flowers for Father's Day
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video
- Dad's Golfing Frames
- "Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas" free eBook
- Tie Gift Bags
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 15 Spring Craft Ideas For Everyone
- Chevron Shape Tape
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers