There is nothing like turning trash to treasure! Recycle Dad's old newspaper to make this great craft for father's day. Dad will appreciate not only that you made him something so personal, but that you saved money and the Earth in doing so!
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- BI17212 Night Sky Pearl
- BI15809 Copper
- BI17211 Walnut Pearl
- Aleene’s® Acid-Free Tacky Glue™
- Sponge, cosmetic
- Cardstock, black 12”x12”
- Paper cutter
- Brown paper bag
- Cut cardstock 6” x 12”. Fold in half to create a 6” x 6”, top fold card.
- Cut a 6 ” x 6” piece of newspaper (the stock market or sports page is a great choice), lettering for word “dad” (cut 1” outside letters), and a 7” x 7” piece of a brown paper bag.
- Squeeze paints onto foil. Dampen cosmetic sponge with water and dip into one paint. Dip and smear, here and there all over the papers. Use a different color in the same way until all paints have been used. Let dry.
- Tear edges of brown paper bag to make a 5 ” x 5” square. Glue to top of card.
- Crumple a larger piece of newspaper and then uncrumble to create a texture. Cut a piece 3-¼”x4-¼”. Glue to a piece of slightly larger cardstock. Glue to upper area of card. Refer to picture.
- Cut out desired letters. Glue to black cardstock that is slightly larger. Cut out, leaving a slight border. Glue to bottom area.
- Cut a 30” piece of jute. Tie a knot in center. Glue knot to upper left corner on cardstock. Tie knots to fit at each corner. Tie two ends in a knot at bottom right corner. Cut off excess. Glue in a few places between knots.
- Note: Use clothespins to hold knots in place while working on jute. Let dry. Add sentiment to inside, if desired.