Decorate a glass goblet with Santa's number one reindeer, Rudolph. This makes for a cute holiday decoration and entertaining piece. Have your friends over for a painting party.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White
- DAG36 - True Blue
- DAG52 - Avocado
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG101 - Dioxazine Purple
- DAG129 - True Red
- DAG151 - Royal Fuchsia
- DAG163 - Honey Brown
- DAG201 - Primary Yellow
- #10/0 liner brush
- #6 round brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
Note: Let dry between steps.
Preparation: Clean goblet with alcohol. Dry well with paper towel or soft cloth. Position and tape pattern inside goblet.
- Use #6 brush and Honey Brown to paint oblong oval face. Shade with White.
- Use #6 brush and White to paint eyes.
- Referring to photo for placement, use liner brush and Honey Brown to paint antlers.
- Use #6 brush and Honey Brown to paint ears.
- Use #3 round brush, Royal Fuchsia, True Blue, True Red, and Primary Yellow to make light bulbs in leaves.
- Use tip of 1/2" flat brush and Dioxazine Purple to make ornaments in tree.
- Use round brush and Avocado to paint olives randomly on antlers.
- Use #6 brush and True Red to paint nose and red dot on olives.
- Use flat brush and White to paint entire base .
- Use #6 round brush and True Red to paint curvy triangles on top of base (to resemble mint candies).
- Use liner brush and Avocado to line both sides of True Red triangles.
- Use liner brush and White (wipe off excess paint) to make shadow line in center of base.
- Use liner brush and Black to outline eyes, nose, face, antlers, ears, and olives.
- Use liner brush and Black to add eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Use tip of liner brush, Avocado, and True Red to randomly dot on goblet.
- Use liner brush and Black for lettering.
- Allow to airdry for 48 hours.
- Place in painted goblet in cool oven and set on 325 degrees. When oven reaches 325 degrees, set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off oven, crack open door, and allow piece to completely cool before removing.