Decorate your own Christmas goblets this year. Paint a Christmas scene with gloss enamels, it'll be a hit with your friends. For a colorful and fun Christmas decoration and accessory this is your perfect project.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White
- DAG71 - Glorious Gold
- DAG04 - Sand
- DAG31 - Baby Pink
- DAG36 - True Blue
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG166 - Deep Midnight Blue
- DAG78 - Flesh Tone
- DAG129 - True RedDAG163 - Honey Brown
- DAG201 - Primary Yellow
- DAG269 - Foliage Green
- 19-ounce balloon goblet
- #10/0 liner brush
- #3 and #6 round brushes
- 1/4" and 1/2" flat brushes
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Small round sponge pouncer
- Scruffy old brush
Note:Let dry between steps.
Preparation:Clean goblet with alcohol. Dry well with paper towel or soft cloth. Position and tape pattern inside goblet.
On back of goblet:
- Use liner brush and Black to paint silhouette of Santa and reindeer on back.
- Pounce on moon with Glorious Gold behind Santa.
- Use 1/2" flat brush, Deep Midnight Blue, and White to paint ocean on lower bottom backside of glass.
- Use 1/2" flat brush, True Blue, and White to paint arc above ocean, blending colors together. (Refer to photo.)
On front of goblet:
- Use #3 round brush and Flesh Tone to paint bodies of girls, shadow with Baby Pink.
- Use #3 round brush and True Red to paint swimsuits on two outer girls.
- Use #3 round brush and Foliage Green to paint swimsuit of center girl.
- Use #3 round brush and True Red for Santa hat on each girl.
- Use scruffy brush to stipple White fur and ball on Santa hats.
- Use small sponge pouncer with Sand, side-loaded with Honey Brown, to pounce sand underneath girls between water edges.
- Use 1/2" flat brush and Honey Brown to make sign. (Refer to photograph for placement.)
- Use 1/4" flat brush and Honey Brown to make sign post.
- Use scruffy brush and White to stipple snow on top of sign and sand.
- Use #6 round brush and True Red to make Santa's bag. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- Use tip of liner brush and White to dot on left girl's swimsuit.
- Use liner brush and Foliage Green to make stripes on right girl's swimsuit.
- Use liner brush and Glorious Gold to make tie on Santa's bag.
- Use #3 round brush, Primary Yellow, and Honey Brown to paint girls' hair and highlights.
- Use liner brush and Black to outline girls and hats and to letter sign.
- Use liner brush, True Red, and Foliage Green to make thin alternating lines on stem, leaving clear space in between. (See photo.)
- Use 1/2" flat brush and White to paint entire top of base.
- Use #3 round brush and True Red to paint curved triangles on base.
- Use liner brush and Foliage Green to outline True Red triangles.
- Use dry liner brush and White to float line on to look like shadow.
- Allow to air dry for 48 hours.
- Place in painted goblet in cool oven and set on 325 degrees. When oven reaches 325 degrees, set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off oven, crack open door, and allow piece to completely cool before removing.