Do you need homemade crafts for kids? Check out this hanging bird treats project by Amanda Formaro. It's a great project for a group or one-on-one, and it's one of our easiest bird seed projects.
- 1 slice of sandwich bread for each hanger
- Cookie cutter or paring knife
- Yarn or other strong piece of string or cord
- Peanut butter or vegetable shortening
- Wild bird seed
- Use a cookie cutter to create shapes from slices of sandwich bread. We did stars and circles for our treats.
- Let bread sit on the counter until dried out, a couple of hours should do the trick.
- Line a plate with bird seed.
- Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to poke a hole through the bread for the string. Be sure that you leave enough room above the hole so that it doesn't tear.
- Thread string through the hole and gently tie in a knot.
- Spread both sides of bread shape with peanut butter. Coat with bird seed by laying it on the bird seed lined plate and turning over to coat thoroughly.
- Hang your creation outside.