Use terra cotta gardens pots to create a cheerful Easter Bunny to adorn a treat-filled basket or for whimsical home decoration.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP04 - Pine Green
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP20 - Sunflower Yellow
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP37 - Blue Bell
- DCP41 - Carnation Pink
- Brushes - Synthetic Brushes for Acrylics: 12 & 6 Flats, 1 Liner
- Supplies - Water container, paper towels, palette paper, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, hot glue gun & sticks, fine-point black permanent marker, sponge, wire cutters
- Misc - 8" X 10" white felt, 10" white wire
- 2 ea 4" Terra Cotta Pots
- 4" & 5" Saucers
- 1/2" Peg
- 2-1/2" Wood Doll Head Bead
- Woodsies: 3 Small Circles, l Large Heart
Patio Paint is a self-sealing exterior paint. No prior preparation is needed when working on wood. For other surfaces, follow directions on label. Patio Paint may be used on all porous surfaces such as concrete, terra cotta, wood, plaster, etc. Because of the self-sealing agents, the paint does not require a varnish upon completion.
- Hat: Paint 3" saucer Sunflower Yellow with 12 flat brush and shade with Golden Honey. Cut ear shapes from white felt and glue to saucer bottom.
- Face: Paint 2-1/2" bead, heart shape and 2 small circles Cloud White. Paint peg and other small circle Carnation Pink. Glue pieces into place, referring to photo. Lightly sponge a little Carnation Pink onto cheeks. Add black with 1 liner to eyes and dots to cheeks. Cut wire into 4 equal pieces and glue into place for whiskers.
- Body: Glue two 4" pots rim to rim and use photo as pattern guide. Paint overalls Light Waterfall Blue and remaining areas Cloud White. Shade with Cloud White and Wrought Iron Black. Cut arms from white felt and glue, referring to photo.
- Transfer pattern for egg basket (see below) onto large wood circle. Paint basket Sunflower Yellow, shaded with Golden Honey and highlighted with Cloud White. Paint grass with 1:1 mix of Pine Green and Cloud White. Use 6 flat brush to paint eggs Carnation Pink, Blue Bell and Sunflower Yellow. Paint the remainder of circle Light Waterfall Blue.
- Turn 5" saucer upside down and paint Pine Green highlighted with 1:1 mix of Pine Green and Cloud White. Paint "feet" Cloud White.
- Glue sections into place, referring to photo. When completely dry, use marker to add details to basket, hat and overalls.
Transferring a Pattern
Lay tracing paper over pattern and draw the basic lines. Lay this tracing on the surface to be painted. Slip graphite paper between the tracing and the surface. Tape to secure. Trace with a pencil to transfer the design. Do not trace details until after basecoating has dried.