Decorate inexpensive paper sacks and wooden eggs for pretty Easter gift bags adorned with eggs, hearts and ribbons.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA177 - Green Mist
- DA184 - French Vanilla
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Brushes - Synthetic Brushes for Acrylics: 6 Flat Shader, 1 Liner
- Supplies - Water container, paper towels, palette paper, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, heart-shaped compressed sponge, hot glue gun & sticks, paper punch, plain & decorative-edge scissors, black extra-fine permanent marker, 18" pc ecru satin ribbon, ecru lace bow, 2 ea18" pcs pink satin ribbon
- White & Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Assorted Wooden Hearts
- 3 Assorted Wooden Egg Shapes
Americana Acrylics are artist-quality, water-based, non-toxic paints. They are intermixable and suitable for almost any surface. They are creamy to facilitate smooth and easy brush strokes, and highly pigmented for richer color and one-stroke coverage. The wide range of colors makes color coordination easy: It reduces the waste of mixing to get the perfect hue.
- Place brown bag and white bag together. Cut scallops at open end with regular scissors.
- Use hole punch to make holes around scalloped edge of white bag only.
- Dip dampened compressed sponge in color of choice. Place at bottom edge of bag. Press and remove. Repeat with varied colors around bag.
- Paint wooden hearts using same colors as sponged hearts. Let dry.
- Tie lace and 18" piece each of pink and ecru satin ribbon.
- Glue bow to bag about 1/3 of the way down. Glue hearts on and around bow.
- Outline sponged hearts with marker.
- Insert brown bag into white bag and fill with tissue paper.
Easter Egg Bag
- Trim top of white bag with decorative scissors. Fold over about 1" around top. Use hole punch to make holes around bag top. Weave pink ribbon around bag beginning in front center. Tie in a bow.
- Trace and transfer pattern. Refer to photo for color placement. Let dry.
- Outline egg and write "Happy Easter" with marker.
- Fill with tissue paper.
- Basecoat all 3 eggs French Vanilla. Paint stripes, dots and flowers on each egg. Refer to photo for color placement. Let dry.
- Mist with Americana Matte Spray.
Transferring a Pattern
Lay tracing paper over pattern and draw the basic lines. Lay this tracing on the surface to be painted. Slip graphite paper between the tracing and the surface. Tape to secure. Trace with a pencil to transfer the design. Do not trace details until after basecoating has dried.