Paper Bunny Basket
By: Sandy Rollinger from Beacon Adhesives
This paper bunny basket from Beacon Adhesives is so cute and can be used to hold dried flowers, potpourri or even cards. It's a great little decoration to have out during your Easter feast.
- LIQUID LAMINATE
- ZIP DRY
- White and yellow air dry modeling clay
- Royal blue paint
- Two-tone color stamp pad in gold/blue pearl
- Opaque paints in baby pink, sky blue, bright yellow
- Paper crimpers
- 1⁄2” wide white lace
- Small bunny and tulip cookie cutters (available at craft and cake decorating stores)
- 9” X 7” metal holder, or other size of your choice
- White vellum
- White tissue paper
- 1⁄2” flat craft brush, small scissors, small makeup sponges, ruler, small plastic roller, parchment paper
- Roll out the white air dry clay to 1/8” thickness onto parchment paper using the plastic roller. Cut out three bunnies with the bunny cookie cutter. Repeat process using the yellow clay and the tulip cookie cutter, cutting only two tulips. Let all dry.
- Make two dots using the blue paint for bunny eyes and the pink paint for the nose and inside ear area. Add dots of yellow paint on the tulips and let everything dry.
- Coat one side of the metal holder with LIQUID LAMINATE. Place approximately a 5” piece of crinkled tissue paper onto the holder and squeeze LIQUID LAMINATE onto the paper, using the brush to move the laminate around until the tissue is soaked. Continue this process until all side of the holder are covered with the paper. Let dry and then apply a finishing coat of LIQUID LAMINATE over the project. Dry thoroughly.
- Paint the entire holder with the dark blue paint with the brush and let dry. Take the makeup sponge and dab into the stamp pad and wipe across the project. This will highlight the crinkled tissue.
- Cut a 2” strip of vellum long enough to fit around the front of the holder with a 1” overlap onto the back. Run the vellum strip through a paper crimper. Apply ZIP DRY to the edges of the vellum string and press onto the holder about 1 ½” down from the top rim. Hold for a bit until it dries.
- Cut two lengths of lace and use ZIP DRY to adhere over the edges of the vellum.
- Finish by gluing the bunnies and tulips to the vellum strip with ZIP DRY. Follow the photo for placement. Project can be used to hold dried flowers, card, or porpourri.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!