Decorate your Easter home with a softer touch this season, thanks to the popularity of needlefelting and the versatility of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Block, 1" x 4" x 10"
- Eggs, 6", two
- Wool fiber (roving), six complementary colors
- Wool felt flowers, eight complementary colors
- Angelina fibers (optional)
- Ribbon, 1/4" x 2/3 yd.
- Needlefelting tool
- Straight pins, at least one a colored ball-head pin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
(Note: Felting needles are extremely sharp; use caution. The higher the needle number, the finer the needle and the smaller the hole left in the project. Follow manufacturer's instructions.)
- Place small amount of wool fiber against foam egg and attach to surface using felting needle; follow manufacturer's instructions to ensure safety. Continue felting fiber to foam until completely covered, creating either a solid-color background or varying colors to create stripes.
- Place wool felt flowers onto foam block. Roll very small balls of wool fiber and needlefelt into flower centers.
- If desired, wrap Angelina fiber strands around egg and secure with needlefelting tool. Glue finished flowers around center of striped egg; pin to secure until glue dries.
- For second egg, place small circles of wool fiber onto egg, varying colors, and needlefelt to secure. Needlefelt slightly smaller circles into centers of first group as shown. Add Angelina fiber strands to egg, if desired.
- Cut one 7" and one 16" ribbon length. Loop longer length and glue ends to top of egg. Fold shorter length into loopy bow; stick ball-head pin through bow center into top of egg. Spot glue pin and ribbon to secure.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Find this project and many more in the 95-page Easter Craft and Recipe eBook.