This project from Diamond Tech uses a laser printer, not to get confused with an inkjet. You can make the cutest bank for the Easter holiday. It is topped off with a bird and below are some fun eggs. Perfect decoration too.
- KraftyBlok™ Mini
- KraftyBlok™ Image Art Paper
- Nest on a Branch
- Small Flocked Speckled Eggs
- Small Glass Bird Ornament
- 20” each of 1” and ½” Coordinating Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Paper Towels
- Bowl for water
Read all of the KraftyBlok™ Image Art instructions before starting your project. Large profile decals are fragile, handle with care. This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet.
- Find your nest egg picture and copy it to any software on your computer that allows you to print images. Size the picture to 4” X 4”.
- Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok™ Image Art.
- Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow paper to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry. Trim to size with scissors.
- Place transfer in a bowl of water and wait approximately 1 minute.
- Lay the Kraftyblok™ flat on your work area with the opening at the top. Moisten the face of the block. Position the transfer above the surface; roll a ½” of the backing paper away from the top layer of the Image Art transfer (the decal). Line up the Image Art transfer on the surface. Take extra care when sliding the image as they are delicate and can tear easily. Gently slide the Image Art transfer from the backing paper onto the surface using a finger to smooth the decal as you peel away from the backing paper.
- Gently pat and smooth the Image Art transfer with a moist paper towel eliminating air pockets and wrinkles.
- Allow to dry over night.
- Use a clear acrylic sealer specifically made for sealing decals onto glass. Mask off around the transfer; this will prevent overspray from getting on the rest of your project.
- Spray the sealer according to the manufacturer’s directions and allow it to dry.
- Glue the eggs and the glass bird into the nest. Remove the plastic stopper from the KraftyBlok™ and set it on the work surface. Glue the nest to the stopper.
- Fold the 1” ribbon over ½” and glue it next to the opening. Wrap the ribbon around the block and fold the other end under ½” and glue it next to the hole. Repeat this process with the ½” ribbon over the 1” ribbon.
- Put the stopper back on top of the block and your bank is complete.