Hippity-hoppity, Easter's on its way! You'll love how easy this no-sew Easter craft is to construct. Makes great home spring decor to keep your home bring and cheery.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Balls: 1 1/2", one; 1", two
- Eggs: 2 1/2" x 1 7/8" and 5 7/8" x 3 7/8", one each; 3 1/16" x 2 5/16", two
- Felt: baby pink, 9" x 12"; lilac plush, 8" x 16"; 45" mint green plush, 1/3 yd.
- Pom poms: 3/4" white, two; 1/2" pink, two
- Black beads: 6mm; 8mm, two each
- 1/2" mint green satin ribbon, 1/2 yd.
- Sewing thread or embroidery floss, white
- Old candle
- Straight pins
- Serrated knife
- Sewing needle
- Glue sticks and low temperature glue gun
Download pattern (pdf)
- Wax serrated knife blade with old candle. Cut one 2 1/2" x 1 7/8" egg and one 3 1/16" x 2 5/16" egg in half lengthwise for Mama's front paws and back feet. Cut the 1" ball in half for Mama's cheeks. Press remaining balls and eggs on a rigid surface to slightly flatten one side.
- Using patterns, cut out felt pieces as indicated. From plush felt, use a compass to cut following circles: one 4" mint green for Mama's tail, two 2" mint green for Mama's cheeks, and one 3" lilac for baby's tail.
- Center Mama's foam cheeks, front paws, back feet, body (large egg), and tail (1 1/2" ball) flat side up on wrong side of corresponding mint green felt piece. Wrap felt around edges of foam onto flat edge and pin at top, bottom, and center of each side. Adjust excess fabric between pins and then glue felt in place. Remove pins. Trim excess felt as necessary. Repeat to cover baby bunny's foam body (3 1/16" x 2 5/16" egg) and tail (1" ball) with lilac felt.
- Glue pink felt pads to bottom of Mama's front paws and back feet. Also glue body bottom to uncovered portion of Mama.
- Pair each pink ear with a mint green ear and glue wrong sides together.
- Using photo as a guide, glue 1" cheeks side by side to narrow end of Mama's body. Repeat to glue 3/4" white pom pom cheeks to baby bunny. Glue a 1/2" pink pom pom nose to each bunny, centered above cheeks.
- Stitch horizontally through cheeks of each bunny with doubled white thread or two strands of embroidery floss. Trim thread to 1 1/2" on each side of cheeks to form whiskers. Repeat to add more whiskers.
- Poke scissors tip through felt to create two small eyeholes above cheeks on each bunny. Glue beads in holes for eyes, using 8mm for Mama and 6mm for baby.
- With your fingers, gather base of each ear and glue to top of head. Position ears so ends drape down on opposite sides of head with pink side facing bunny.
- Glue narrow end of front paws and back feet to bottom of Mama's body. Glue baby bunny to top of large bunny. Glue tails to top back of bunnies.
- Tie ribbon in a small bow and glue to baby bunny centered between ears.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.