This weatherproof Easter pot is great for the patio or to present sweet goodies as a gift. Fill with jelly beans wrapped in cellophane and your recipient can move the pretty pot outside.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA101 - Dioxazine Purple (transparent)
- DA132 - Hauser Medium Green
- DA133 - Hauser Dark Green
- DA137 - Shading Flesh
- DA166 - Deep Midnight Blue
- DA167 - Payne's Grey
- DA168 - Golden Straw
- DA196 - Tangelo Orange
- DCP23 - Light Eucalyptus Green
- DCP24 - Clear Coat
- Brushes - Loew Cornell - Series 7400 1/4", 3/8" Angular; Series 7350 10/0 Liner; Series 7000 3 round
- Brushes - Jill McFarlane - 1/2" Feather Edge Rake Brush
- Supplies - Tracing and graphite paper (white), 1" Sponge brush
- 6" Terra cotta pot
- Paint pot Light Eucalyptus Green. When dry, transfer design onto pot.
- Eggs: Base purple egg with Lavender. Add details using Hauser Medium Green, Tangerine and Dioxazine Purple. Shade with Purple, making the darkest shading at the edge of the egg. Leave the center Lavender, allowing it to be the highlight.
- Base the largest egg with Golden Straw. Add details with Lavender, Tangelo Orange and Purple. Shade with antique Gold and a touch of Georgia Clay.
- Base blue egg using Baby Blue and add details with White and Tangelo Orange. Using Deep Midnight Blue, shade both sides, plus the bottom where this egg falls behind the other egg.
- Base the last egg with Gooseberry Pink. Add details with Golden Straw and Light Eucalyptus Green. Shade with Shading Flesh.
- On all eggs, remember to shade edges dark and retain the base color in the center area as the highlight.
- Rabbit: White. Shade with Payne's Grey. Load brush with White. Then, using the chisel edge of the brush, drag out fur around face and ears. Paint insides of ears with Gooseberry Pink, then shade with Georgia Clay. Eyes and nose are Black. Add White highlights. Use Georgia Clay to drybrush color onto cheeks.
- Grass: With a Rack brush and Hauser Dark Green, add grass at the bottom of the pot.
- Jelly Beans: Randomly paint jelly beans as follows:
- Base with Golden Straw, shade with Antique Gold.
- Base with Tangerine, shade with Tangelo Orange.
- Base with Lavender, shade with Purple.
- Base with H. Med. Green, shade with H. Dark Green.
- Base with Gooseberry Pink, shade with Country Red.
- Finish pot by sealing with Clear Coat Patio Paint. Fill with candy, and enjoy!
For other Easter Basket ideas click here!