This Hoppy Easter Treat Bag from Maria Nerius is a great Easter treat bag for kids! Fill it with cookies, candy, or any other little sweets you'd like! Make one or both of these Easter treat bag examples. Kids of all ages will love them!
- Approximately 4 1/4” x 6” white paper bag*
- 4 1/2" x6 1/2" White cardstock
- 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" White cardstock
- Scraps of assorted colors and decorative prints of cardstock
- Assorted stickers, embellishments
- Trimmer or scissors
- Optional: Velcro cut into small piece.
- *Treat and lunch bags vary in size so use these measurements as a guide, you may need to cut the bag down (height).
- Trim paper bag to measurements given. Fold the 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" down to create a 2” flap. Adhere flapped paper to the back of the bag so flap hangs over the front. Adhere the 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" white cardstock to front of bag. This is the basic treat bag. Optional: You can now adhere Velcro to the top center of front and to the back of the flap center so the bag so the flap is secure until opened!
- Flap: 3 7/8” x 1 3/8” rectangular mat is cut giving some color to the flap. Adhere the mat. Now you can decorate with embellishments as shown with a balance towards the center of the flap. Or you can create more of a seal for the flap by double matting a sticker or embellishment and adhere to the center with embellishments balanced to each side. Have fun with it!
- Treat Bag Front: To give some color and excitement to the treat bag mat a decorative paper with a solid color of cardstock with measurements: 4” x 4 3/4" to mat a decorative print: 3 1/2" x 4 1/4". These treat bags were themed for Easter, but you can easily change the theme to anything you want to celebrate!