A big-eared Easter bunny pops out of a garden pot filled with painted eggs in this cute, decorative piece. Use as a centerpiece for an Easter meal.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP10 - Summer Sky Blue
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP15 - Daisy Cream
- DCP18 - Woodland Brown
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP25 - Citrus Green
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- DCP29 - Petunia Purple
- DCP36 - Tiger Lily Orange
- DCP41 - Carnation Pink
- DCP42 - Fuchsia
- DS23 - Easy Cling Brush (3)
- Brushes by Loew-Cornell - 3/4" Flat Shader; 1 Detail Liner
- Supplies - Brush basin, palette, paper towels, cellulose sponge, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, scotch tape, scissors, 3 green chenille stems, 2" straw hat, 4 ea white 1/2" pom-poms, small pink pom-pom, 2 craft sticks, Easter grass, glue
- 6" Terra Cotta Pot; 2 ea 4" Terra Cotta Pots; 10" Saucer; 2 ea Wooden Pigeon Egg Halves from Lara's Crafts; 4 ea Wooden Hen Eggs from Lara's Crafts; White Fibre Craft Flexi-Foam; Large Plastifoam Egg; 4 ea Plastifoam Hen Eggs
- Paint 6" terra cotta pot and 10" saucer with 3/4" flat brush, using Carnation Pink.
- Sponge Fiesta Yellow around rim of pot. Using 1 liner brush, paint zig-zags using Summer Sky Blue on top and bottom of sponged Fiesta Yellow rim.
- Paint large Styrofoam egg Cloud White for head. For eyes, paint top part of pigeon egg halves Cloud White, bottom part Woodland Brown with Wrought Iron Black dots in the middle and white highlights.
- When dry, glue eyes to head, along with two white pom-poms for cheeks and small pink pom-pom for nose.
- Paint inside of Flexi-Foam ears Carnation Pink; hold in place by gluing craft sticks to the back of each ear and positioning on head.
- Push bunny head down onto rim of pot far enough so it will stay in place. Glue two white pom-poms to rim of pot for paws. Glue straw hat on top of bunny head.
- Paint all eggs as desired using Tiger Lily Orange, Fiesta Yellow, Citrus Green, Daisy Cream, Summer Sky Blue, Cloud White, Fuchsia, Petunia Purple and Carnation Pink. Use pouncer to make dots and liner to paint lines and zig-zags.
- Poke each chenille stem into a painted egg; position the other end into the pot. Cover with Easter grass.
- Place pot into 10" saucer with Easter grass. Arrange eggs as desired.
- Sponge one 4" pot with Citrus Green and Cloud White. Sponge rim with Fiesta Yellow. Using 1 liner brush, zig-zag lines on top of and below sponged rim with Summer Sky Blue.
- Sponge other 4" pot with Fiesta Yellow and Cloud White. Sponge rim with Cloud White. Use liner brush to paint zig-zags above and below with Summer Sky Blue.