This collection of Easter stocking chicks and bunnies is a snap to create, makes a great Easter decoration or kids Easter basket item.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 1 Egg, 2 1/2" x 1 7/8" (bunny)
- 1 Ball, 2" (chick)
- 1 pair of baby socks, 0 - 18 mos., white, pink and pastel for bunny; white and pastel yellow for chick
- Stiff paper
- Needle and thread, coordinating color
- 1 pair of 5 mm eyes per animal, black half-round
- Paint brush, fine line No. 3
- Acrylic craft paint: black, pink
- Thin cord (hangers)
- Floral wire
- Feathers, yellow downy
- Foamie sheet, yellow scrap
- Accessories: Straw hats, ribbon, bows, silk flowers, buttons
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
For pattern, click here. (pdf)
- Place narrow end of egg into toe of white sock; pull sock tightly around egg, and gather with wire. Cut off excess sock; save scrap for ears. Glue cut ends to egg.
- Trace pastel baby sock onto stiff paper; cut out. Insert in sock; turn down sock cuff. Glue wide end of egg into sock.
- Layer piece of white sock and pink sock, right sides together. Trace around ear pattern; sew around outside edge. Trim excess fabric and turn right side out. Fold bottom of ear together; secure with thread. Cut tiny slit in rabbit's head for ears. Insert ears using tip of scissors; glue.
- Using pattern, cut small pink circle for nose; gather edges with running stitch and pull tightly. Glue nose to face. Glue on eyes. Paint on nose and mouth; glue on whiskers; blush cheeks. Add hanger.
- Embellish with hat, bows, ribbon flowers, or other accessories.
- Cover head, following Step 1 above, using 2" ball and pastel yellow sock.
- Follow Step 2 above, using a white baby sock. Glue head in sock.
- Poke a small hole at top of head; insert and glue feathers. Using pattern, cut beak from yellow foam sheet; fold and glue to face. Paint on eyes; blush cheeks.
- Embellish with bows, ribbon flowers or other accessories.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.