Oops, bunny fell into the basket looking for those last few Easter eggs. The fun surprise with this Easter decorating craft is that bunny is hiding an air freshener.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 1- 2-3/8" Long Eggs
- 1-4" Ball
- 1-The Dial Corp. Renuzit® Adjustable Air Freshener
- 1- 4" Clay Pot, 3 1/2" High
- Acrylic Paint: White, Pink
- Natural Sea Sponge
- Felt: 1-1" x 5 1/2" Piece Pink; 1- 6"x 9" Piece White
- 1- 2" White Pom
- Green Paper Crimps
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Serrated knife
- Metal spoon
- Paint brush
- Tracing paper
- Paper towels
- FLOWER POT: Dip damp sea sponge in Pink paint. Blot excess off on paper towel. Lightly sponge paint pot; let dry. Repeat process using White paint. Cut paper crimps into approximately 3" lengths. Apply glue to inside top edge of clay pot. Press ends of paper crimps into glue, allowing paper crimps to drape over clay pot edge. Place Renuzit® Air Freshener in clay pot. Trace bottom of pot onto white felt, cut out, trim if needed and glue to pot.
- BODY: Using metal spoon, carve out inside of ball of STYROFOAM to fit on air freshener. Paint body White; let dry. Place body onto topper.
- TAIL: Trim one end of pom to make flat surface and glue to body, centered above feet. Trim top of pom if necessary.
- FEET: Cut foam egg in half lengthwise for feet. Using back of metal spoon, round cut edges of egg. Use spoon to shape three toes on large round end of each foot. Paint feet White; let dry. From white felt, cut two feet according to pattern. Glue to bottom of feet and trim as necessary. From pink felt, cut two large foot pads and six small foot pads according to patterns. Position and glue to bottom of feet. Poke toothpick into top of feet. Position feet onto body just above pot rim, approximately 1 1/2" apart; secure with glue.
- GEL REPLACEMENT: When the original gel is depleted, simply replace with a new air freshener. For future projects: if your project base is decorated, remove dried gel. From a new container, remove new, non-toxic gel, then slip it over the post of the decorated base and reposition the decorated topper.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.