Paint a lovely floral garden pot or sweet bunny box for thoughtful Easter gifts or home decor. These decorative Easter items are sweet but grown-up.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP04 - Pine Green
- DCP09 - Deep Waterfall Blue
- DCP12 - Concrete Grey
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP15 - Daisy Cream
- DCP16 - Patio Brick
- DCP18 - Woodland Brown
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP24 - Clear Coat
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- Brushes by Royal/Langnickel - Series RG700 Flat 3/4"; Series RG150 Flat 4 & 8; Series RG585 Liner 10/0 Langnickel; Series 393 Deerfoot 3/8"
- Supplies - Paper towels, palette or plastic plate, water container, 1/2" scotch tape, glue and glue gun, transfer paper, dark graphite & palette paper, stylus
- Floppy-eared Rabbit Generic Shape 8" Crate AS3012 by Wood-N-It 4" Terra Cotta Pot
Preparation - Transfer ribbon line around pot.
Note: When floating color with Patio Paint, use Clear Coat for the medium in the brush instead of water.
Terra Cotta Pot
- Paint above ribbon line Daisy Cream. Paint below line with 2:1 mix Daisy Cream and Concrete Grey.
- Transfer details of pattern when dry.
- Paint stripes Foxglove Pink with Daisy Cream dots. Paint leaves with 2:1 mix Fiesta Yellow and Pine Green. Shade leaves behind petals, where one lies behind another and bottom edge Pine Green. Highlight top edge with Fiesta Yellow. Outline and add veins with Pine Green.
- For flowers, use 8 flat brush filled with Concrete Grey and corner load with Deep Waterfall Blue. Form each petal, keeping Deep Waterfall Blue to outside edge. Centers are Patio Brick dotted with Fiesta Yellow. Ribbons are Patio Brick. Shade where ribbon turns or where it lies beneath something with Woodland Brown. Highlight widest areas by drybrushing Daisy Cream.
- Paint pot rim with grey mix and add two stripes with Foxglove Pink.
- Mix two parts Daisy Cream to one part Concrete Grey and paint crate and bunny. Mask off 1/2" stripes on both ends of crate with tape. Paint stripes Foxglove Pink. Shade each side of stripes Patio Brick and add dots of Daisy Cream.
- Transfer pattern on bunny, omitting flowers. Paint inside ear and nose Foxglove Pink. Shade inside ear and underside of nose Patio Brick. Shade as shown on pattern with 2:1 mix Concrete Grey and Wrought Iron Black.
- Use dry deerfoot brush to tap in dark grey mix over haunch, back of front leg, top of ear, back and muzzle. Paint tail dark grey mix and tap in Cloud White. Further shade Wrought Iron Black around haunch, front leg and muzzle. Paint eye Cloud White. Bunny has Woodland Brown eye with Wrought Iron Black pupils. Highlight with Cloud White. Shade Wrought Iron Black just inside upper lid. Outline eye and add whiskers and lashes with Wrought Iron Black.
- Transfer pattern for flowers. Refer to pot for bow, large flowers and leaves. Fill 4 flat brush with Foxglove Pink and corner load with Patio Brick. Keep Patio Brick to the outside tip and use chisel edge of brush to make each petal. Centers are Fiesta Yellow. Glue bunny to front of crate.