Create a whimsical parade of Easter bunnies and chicks with the help of terra cotta pots in various sizes. Place along the fireplace mantel for cute Easter decoration.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP25 - Citrus Green
- DCP27 - Red Pepper
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- DCP29 - Petunia Purple
- DCP33 - Hydrangea Blue
- DCP36 - Tiger Lily Orange
- DCP37 - Blue Bell
- DCP41 - Carnation Pink
- DS23 - Easy Cling Brush (3)
- Brushes - Loew-Cornell, Royal or Eagle - 1 Liner
- Supplies - Brush basin, palette, paper towels, covered wire, sheer pink ribbon, fun foam, glue gun & glue sticks, sponge
- Terra Cotta Pots in Assorted Sizes
- Assorted Wooden Circles, Balls & Beads
Preparation - Cut bunny ears of varying sizes from fun foam.
4", 3" & 2-1/2" BUNNIES
- For 4" bunny, use sponge to paint pot, wooden bead and ears Hydrangea Blue.
- When dry, use sponge to paint Cloud White over Hydrangea Blue. Add extra Cloud White in face area.
- Dip tip of brush handle in Hydrangea Blue for eyes, Carnation Pink for nose. Add Carnation Pink for cheeks with pouncer.
- Glue bead onto pot.
- Paint covered wire whiskers Hydrangea Blue. Glue onto face.
- For inside of ears, apply Carnation Pink with pouncer.
- Glue ears to top of head.
- Repeat Steps 1-7 for 3" and 2-1/2" pots, using smaller beads and replacing Hydrangea Blue with Petunia Purple for the 3" pot and Blue Bell for the 2-1/2" pot.
2" & 1" BUNNIES
- Follow Steps 1-3 for 4" pot, using Cloud White for first coat and Hydrangea Blue or Carnation Pink for second coat.
- Add Wrought Iron Black eyes and mouth, Cloud White cheeks and Red Pepper nose.
- Glue head onto bunny body and ears onto top of head.
- Follow Steps 1-3 for 4" pot, using Cloud White as first coat and Fiesta Yellow as second coat.
- Add Wrought Iron Black eyes and Tiger Lily Orange beaks.
- Cut heart-shaped wings from fun foam. Use pouncer to paint wings first with Cloud White, then Fiesta Yellow. Glue to sides of pots.
- Cut out feet from fun foam. Use pouncers to paint Tiger Lily Orange with Wrought Iron Black lines to divide toes. Glue feet to pot rim.
- Use Petunia Purple for apron; dot with Carnation Pink.
- Tie small bows with ribbon. Glue to heads of ducks and small bunnies.
- Paint 1" & 2" pots Petunia Purple and 1" pot Carnation Pink. Paint 2 pieces of covered wire Carnation Pink and 1 piece Petunia Purple.
- Glue wire to insides of pots to form handles.
- Paint jelly beans around rims, using Tiger Lily Orange, Petunia Purple, Fiesta Yellow and Citrus Green. Use liner to outline jelly beans on 2" pots with Wrought Iron Black.