Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
Dazzling Painted Easter Eggs
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
For elegant, mature Easter decor, these stunning Easter eggs presented on painted stands will certainly impress. Group different sized wood eggs together for an interesting piece.
- DecoArt Decorating Paste DS4 - Decorating Paste
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics DA124 - Purple Pearl
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics DA203 - Oyster Pearl
- Brushes by Loew-Cornell: La-Corneille Golden Taklon, Series 7300 Shader 10, Series 7000 Round 3, Series 7550 Wash 1", Series 7050 Script Liner 1
- Supplies: Palette knife J-1, paper towels, palette or plastic plate, water container, scissors, stylus, palette, paper towel, water basin, graphite & tracing paper, pencil, scotch tape
- Wooden Works Products:
- Goose Egg FF-E425
- Small Goose Egg FF-E300
- Hen Egg FF-E200
- Egg Cup EC-1010
- Candlestick CS 3090
- Pattern here
Transfer floral pattern to goose egg. Using palette knife, pick up small amount of Decorating Paste on tip and press it flat at tips of ferns, pulling in toward vein. This will allow Decorating Paste to squeeze out from under edge of knife.
- Repeat for leaves, then buds, flowers and stipple centers. Allow to dry overnight.
Basecoat entire egg in Oyster Pearl. Antique with Glorious Gold.
Dry-brush ferns with Purple Pearl, and then with mix of equal parts Oyster Pearl and Purple Pearl.
Float very lightly around flower petals with Crystal Green. Float shadows with Crystal Green plus touch of Purple Pearl. Dry-brush leaves with mix of equal parts Oyster Pearl and Crystal Green.
- Wash petals and buds very lightly with Rose Pearl. Float on petals around center lightly with Royal Ruby. Dry- brush highlights with mix equal parts Oyster Pearl and Rose Pearl. Stipple centers with Glorious Gold and Royal Ruby.
Small Goose Egg, Hen Egg and Stands:
Basecoat all pieces as follows:
- Light areas Oyster Pearl. All of remaining areas mixes of 4 parts Oyster Pearl to 1 part color, either Crystal Green, Rose Pearl or Purple Pearl.
- Dot light green areas on both of stands with Glorious Gold.
- On hen egg (small egg), stripe with Glorious Gold wide, Purple Pearl narrow, and Oyster Pearl wiggly. Stripe narrow Lavender band on candlestick with Purple Pearl and dot at top of stripe with Glorious Gold.
- On pink areas, stroke leaves with Crystal Green plus touch of Purple Pearl. Do dots with Glorious Gold and then Oyster Pearl. Do diamond pattern on the egg cup below the leaves with Glorious Gold. Do stripe through center of small goose egg with Glorious Gold, stripe with Purple Pearl and Oyster Pearl. Do wiggly edge with Oyster Pearl.
- Check cup part of candlestick lightly with Crystal Green and dot with Purple Pearl plus a touch of Oyster Pearl. Make Glorious Gold bands.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "Crafts for Easter: Blogger Edition 2009" eBook
- "Hop into Spring: Easter Craft and Recipe eBook"
- Braided Easter Eggs with Video Tutorial
- Colorful Sock Chicks
- Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
- Easter Pyramid Candy Bag
- How to Drain the Yolk from an Egg for Hollow Easter Eggs
- "Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
- Crafty and Cushy Tattooed Easter Eggs
- Dazzling Painted Easter Eggs
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page