Dandy Daisies Easter Table Setting
By: Suzie Shinseki, courtesy of Duncan Enterprises
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use Tulip fabric paint to create this bright and colorful Easter table setting. The warm springtime pastels and floral patterns make this a great way to decorate your table for the whole season!
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Petal Pink
- Royal Blue
- Tulip® Fashion Bead Paint™
- Pastel colored fabric, 1 yard each: yellow, pink, lavender, green
- Black ribbon, approximately 3 yards
- White canvas fabric, approximately 3 yards
- TABLE RUNNER:
- Black canvas fabric, approximately 2 – 2½ yards
- Black tassels
- White canvas fabric, approximately 1½ yards
- Sewing machine
- Threads: pink, green, yellow, blue and black
- Brush 6” round, No. 4 Liner brush
- Transfer paper, dark
- Chalk pencil
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Cut each color of pastel fabrics into 19” x 19” squares.
- Fold each edge over ¼” and then another ¼”, then press. Sew all four sides.
- Place pattern under each napkin and trace daisy on one corner.
- On a piece of foil, pour puddle of Petal Pink and small amount of Azalea and Lime. Paint flower petals on yellow napkin with Petal Pink, leaving center yellow. Mix some Azalea into the Pink to create a darker shade for shadowing between the inner and outer petals and detailing inside each petal with No. 4 Liner brush.
- With Liner brush, feather out some short, soft Lime lines on the outside of the yellow center.
- Make small dots in center with the White Fashion Bead Paint™.
- For remaining napkins, repeat steps with the following colors:
Pink napkin: Periwinkle daisy with Grape to shade and separate petals. Paint very center Ebony and outer center Grape. Dot center with Gold and White Fashion Bead Paint™.
Lavender napkin: Royal Blue daisy with Ebony in very center and Grape on outer center. Use a little Ebony to darken the Royal Blue for petal separation and detail. Dot center with Gold and White Fashion Bead Paint™.
Green napkin: Sunshine Yellow daisy with Ebony in very center and Mandarin Orange on outer area of center. Use orange to detail petals.
Yellow napkin: Petal Pink daisy with Petal Pink darkened with Azalea for shadow and detailing. Lightly make short strokes of Lime around outer part of center and leave center yellow. Dot center with White Fashion Bead Paint™.
Cut an approximately 25” length of black ribbon for each napkin to make tie.
- Cut two 60” x 15” lengths of black canvas. Mark center on both ends and measure 8” from ends on both sides. Draw a line with pencil chalk from the 8” mark to the bottom center mark to make a “v”. Repeat on other side and cut both lengths the same.
- Fold all raw ends ½” under and press. Place both pieces of canvas together, fit tassels in both ends and stitch to make runner.
- Cut three 12” squares from white canvas. Fray the edges.
- Transfer daisy onto all three pieces by placing transfer paper onto fabric and under pattern and tracing over lines.
- Paint a Periwinkle daisy on one square using Grape to shadow and detail. Paint very center Ebony with darkened Grape on outer circle blending into the petals. Paint Royal Blue dots in center along with Gold Fashion Bead Paint™. Paint remainder of white canvas with Lime blended with Sunshine Yellow.
- Paint a Yellow daisy on the second square using a mixture of Azalea and Yellow for shadow and detailing. Paint very center Ebony with Azalea brushed around outer center and blending into the petals. Make Gold and White dots in center. Paint background with Lime and a touch of Yellow.
- Paint third square daisy Petal Pink with a mixture of Grape and Azalea for shadowing and detailing. Paint very center Ebony with Lime around outer center blending into the petals. Dot center with Gold Bead paint. Paint background Lime and Yellow. Let dry.
- Glue or heat press blue crystals in center of Periwinkle daisy, clear crystals in center of the Yellow daisy and pink crystals in the middle of the Pink daisy.
- Apply glue to backs of each daisy square, center and attach to runner.
- Measure and cut eight 12¼” x 19¼” pieces from white canvas. Fold under ¼” on all raw edges and press. Match two sections back to back and stitch together with approximately 1/8” seam.
- Enlarge pattern to cover entire mat (refer to picture). Transfer pattern to fabric by placing transfer paper on fabric and under pattern and tracing over pattern. Transfer pattern onto all four placemats.
- Paint each with different colors, applying shadowing and detailing as in previous daisy paintings on napkin and runner. Refer to picture for colors and finish off center with Fashion Bead Paint™ and crystals.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Yarn Wrapped Spring Duck
- "Hop into Spring: Easter Craft and Recipe eBook"
- "Crafts for Easter: Blogger Edition 2009" eBook
- Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 23 Easter Baskets to Make
- Our Favorite Easter Bunny Projects
- Pink Crochet Easter Basket
- Easter Tin Can Crafts
- Mini Cupcake Easter Baskets
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts