Find the latest spring looks with this cute foam chick. Enamels and foam tools are needed to make it. Have it sitting out during the Easter holiday or the spring season.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White
- DAG227 - Bright Yellow
- DAG228 - Bright Orange
- DAG230 - Festive Green
- DAG276 - Razzle Berry
- Craft Twinkles Writers
- Small stencil or #3 round brush
- #6 flat brush
- Turquoise and yellow foam sheets
- Small round sponge pouncer
- Wiggle eyes
- Foam flowers, large pink & small orange
- Two green chenille stems
- Styrofoam sheet
- Craft knife
- Two wood dowels
- Small flower stencil (optional)
- Fine point black pen
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Drill and drill bit (optional)
- Small gift bag
- Palette or plastic plate
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Large blue egg
Note: Allow to dry between steps.
- Use scissors to cut wing shapes from turquoise foam sheet and beak from yellow foam. Set aside.
- Use craft knife to cut feet base from Styrofoam sheet. Paint feet Bright Orange.
- Twist one chenille stem into two loops. Fold remaining stem in half. Adhere stem onto large flower. Twist leaves onto stem. Adhere small flower in center of larger flower.
- Randomly paint Razzle Berry flowers on bottom 2/3 of egg. Dot centers with Bright Orange.
- Use round pouncer to stamp dots in spaces between flowers using White, Festive Green, and Bright Yellow.
- Use marker to make scalloped border around neck and to outline flowers.
- Paint dowels Bright Yellow. Use #6 flat brush and Bright Orange to stripe dowels.
- ASSEMBLY: Push legs into egg bottom. Press leg ends into feet halfway. Secure with glue. Push flower stem into top and secure with glue. Position and adhere eyes, wings, and beak. Hang shopping bag onto wing.
- Use Crystal Craft Twinkles Writer to outline White dots and embellish foam flower.
- It may be easier to attach legs and flower if holes are predrilled.
- Fill shopping bag with small candies (like jelly beans) or small gift.