Let the little ones help decorate this colorful Easter egg placecard holders. They are so easy to decorate using STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, paper and craft wire and your guests will be in awe that you made them.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Mini pink/yellow ranunculus
- Bright green reindeer moss, small amount
- Silver craft wire, 20-gauge
- Paper, one sheet each: bright pink/multi-floral print tissue; pink card stock
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Small disposable bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Waxed paper
- Wire cutters
- Long-nose pliers
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: disposable gloves; hair dryer
- Tear tissue paper into several approximately 2" pieces.
- Mix one part white glue with two parts water in disposable bowl. If desired, put on gloves.
- Dip one tissue piece into glue/water mixture and then smooth onto surface of foam egg. Continue until egg is completely covered, allowing tissue pieces to wrinkle and overlap. Repeat for all eggs. Place eggs on waxed paper to dry overnight or use hair dryer.
- Cut 7" length from wire. Bend one end into tight spiral using pliers, leaving opposite end straight.
- Glue flower to center side of egg as shown. Glue straight wire end into egg through flower center. With flower at top, glue small pieces of moss around base of egg to support it in upright position.
- Cut place card of desired size from card stock. Write name on card and insert into wire spiral.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.