Wow your guests at Easter dinner with this beautiful bounty of spring color. All it takes is a little STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, some beautiful florals and candles.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Block, 18" x 12" x 2"
- Eggs: four 3"; two 2-1/2"; eight 2"
- Florals: mini pink/yellow ranunculus with leaves, 24; mini pink/yellow rosebuds, 30; small pink filler flowers, eight; dark green reindeer moss, one large bag; bright green reindeer moss, one small bag
- Floral pins
- Bright pink/multi-floral print tissue paper, two sheets
- Bright pink taper candles, three
- Plastic candle cups, three
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Wooden skewers, 2", 14
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: disposable gloves; hair dryer
- Small disposable bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Waxed paper
- Tear tissue paper into several approximately 2" pieces.
- Mix one part white glue with two parts water in disposable bowl. If desired, put on gloves.
- Dip one tissue piece into glue/water mixture and then smooth onto surface of foam egg. Continue until egg is completely covered, allowing tissue pieces to wrinkle and overlap. Repeat for all eggs. Place eggs on waxed paper to dry overnight or use dryer.
- Use glue gun to glue one skewer end into bottom of each 3" egg for "stem." Glue skewer ends into sides of remaining eggs.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and mark one 4-1/2" x 17" rectangle and one 3" x 6" rectangle on foam block; cut out.
- Center and glue smaller foam rectangle to top of larger rectangle for base; secure with floral pins. Use glue gun to cover foam surface with dark green moss. Refer to photo to glue clumps of bright green moss to base.
- Glue one candle cup to center top of base; glue remaining cups to larger section of base near ends of smaller section. Glue 3" egg skewers into base on each side and between candle cups as shown.
- Trim flower stems and glue stems into center and corners of base as shown. Insert leaves around flowers near bottom of base only, avoiding candle areas.
- Glue 2-1/2" egg skewers into base between flowers at center front and back. Glue remaining egg skewers into base as follows: two at front near 2-1/2" eggs; two at back near 2-1/2" eggs; one at each corner of larger section.
- Place candles in candle cups.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.