Christian Easter Egg Holder
Create a colorful Easter egg holder from I Love to Create in scrapbook paper featuring a central Christian cross. The Easter eggs also have scrapbook crosses for a great Christian craft for Easter.
- Aleene's® Paper Glaze
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
BI15788 Petal Pink
BI15794 Cool Blue
- Ribbon – 1” to 1½” wide – coordinating colors – 2 yards each
- 12” x 12” Scrapbook papers in coordinating colors
- Tissue paper in coordinating colors
- ¼” Hole punch
- Makeup sponge
- Use a needle to poke a hole through the top and bottom of each egg. Blow into the top hole so the yolks drain out of the bottom then clean shells and set aside.
- Roll a sheet of scrapbook paper into a cone and glue in place with Original Tacky Glue. Hold in place with a clothespin until dry.
- Cut 10” from the corner of another scrapbook paper. Glue cut edge of piece along the top front edge of the cone with point extending downward. Hold in place with a clothespin until dry.
- Punch a hole in each side of the cone. To create hanger, thread 1 yard of ribbon through holes and tie knots to secure.
- Cut a 2” circle from one color of scrapbook paper and a 4” cross from contrasting scrapbook paper. Glue cross onto circle.
- Cut three layers of tissue paper 4½” wide by 10” long. Fan fold the tissue and glue to the backside of circle, pulling the fan into a complete circle. Refer to photo.
- Cut strips of ribbon and glue to the back of the tissue paper circle as shown to finish the paper medallion.
- Glue the finished medallion onto the front of cone and let dry.
- Draw circles or swirly designs onto the base of cone with Paper Glaze.
- Cover the entire surface of paper cross with Paper Glaze. Let dry completely.
- Fill cone with shredded tissue paper.
- Punch or cut one end of each egg into a 1” hole.
- Squeeze puddles of Soft Fabric Paints onto a piece of foil. Dab color onto eggs with fingers or a makeup sponge. Let dry.
- Fill the eggs with confetti.
- Cut 1½” circles of tissue paper. Glue tissue circle over the holes to contain the confetti.
- Cut 2” crosses from scrapbook paper and glue crosses to the eggs.
- Cover the entire surface of paper crosses with Paper Glaze. Let dry completely.