Bunny in Basket
By: Helen L. Rafson from Beacon Adhesives
Create a cute bunny Easter basket to hold all your fun goodies. This is an easy craft project you can make in eight steps. Tracing paper and cardstock is needed.
- KIDS CHOICE GLUE
- GEM-TAC GLUE
- Wooden box: 2 1/8” X 5”
- Tracing paper
- Cardstock: white, green, pink
- Two 1/4” pink pompoms
- One 7 mm tan pompom
- Two 12 mm moveable eyes
- Acrylic paint, yellow & white
- Green baby rick rack
- Pony beads: 12 yellow, 1 each pink, blue, lavender
- Six 5/8” red, pink, blue, orange, purple, blue
- White chenille stem
- Paintbrush, pencil, scissors, sponge, ruler, black fine tip marker
- Trace bunny and stem patterns and cut out. Trace patterns onto cardstock and cut out.
- With a black marker draw a wavy line around paws, stems & leaves. Draw wavy line around front and back of bunny. Draw whiskers and paw lines.
- Glue inner ears to bunny’s ears; glue pink and tan pompoms and moveable eyes onto bunny with KIDS CHOICE GLUE. Let dry.
- Paint inside and outside of box with 2-3 coats of yellow acrylic paint letting paint dry between coats of paint. With a damp sponge, sponge paint white acrylic paint around outside of box. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of green baby rickrack 16 3/4”. Glue along bottom edge of the box with KIDS CHOICE GLUE. Let dry.
- Draw lines around the top edge of box with the black marker lines.
- Using photo as a guide, glue on bunny and paws with KIDS CHOICE GLUE. Glue on stem and leaves on the bottom edge of the box. Glue on buttons with GEM-TAC and let everything dry.
- Place pony beads onto the chenille stem 2/4 “ from each end and from the center beads as in the photo. Glue beads into place with GEM-TAC.
- Glue handle to the inside of the box with KIDS CHOICE GLUE. Allow to dry.