Precariously perched upon his enormous canvas, this cute-and-cuddly artist isn't afraid. He's got important work to do today - Easter's coming!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 1-1/2"
- Eggs: 6"; 2-1/2"
- White plush felt, 8" x 20"
- Pink felt scrap
- Print fabric, two coordinating 9" squares
- Ribbon: 1/4" x 1-1/2 yds.; 1/8" x 1/2 yd.
- White pom pom, 1-1/2"
- Black eye beads, 5mm, two
- Child's paintbrush
- Cosmetic blush
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Tracing paper
- Sewing needle and white button thread
- Straight pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thin lengthwise slice from one side of small foam egg for bunny body. Cut thin slice from one side of foam ball for bunny head. Cut thin slice from wide end of large foam egg so it will stand upright.
- Cut pattern pieces as indicated. In addition, cut 4" plush felt circle to cover head. Center ball rounded side down on wrong side of plush. Pull fabric edges around to flat side of ball and glue to secure; flat side is bottom of head.
- Using photo as guide, make two small holes for eyes; glue beads into holes. Cut tiny nose shape from pink felt; glue to face. Pinch bottom of each ear together and glue to head.
- Thread needle with doubled thread. Beginning at bottom of head, take needle through to front of face, leaving 1" end for each whisker. Repeat to create six whiskers.
- Place foam body flat side down on wrong side of plush felt. Trace shape 1-1/2" outside foam edge; cut out. Trace again onto plush; cut out on line. Place body rounded side down onto larger plush piece; pull fabric edges around to flat side and glue to secure. Glue smaller plush piece to flat side. Glue head to body.
- Using photo as guide, glue arms and legs to body. Tie narrow ribbon bow around neck.
- Glue fabric pieces to large foam egg, alternating prints and overlapping edges slightly. Glue 1/4" ribbon along seams. Cut 2" circle from print fabric and glue to egg bottom.
- Glue bunny body to top of egg. Cut paintbrush to 4-1/2" long and glue into paw.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.