Create these beautiful eggs covered with old-fashion calico and a crackle medium.
- STYROFOAM™ brand foam:
- 1-1/8 yd. Cotton fabric, old-fashion calico print
- 1- 5/8" wired ribbon, 18" long, coordinating color
- Silk flowers, 1 stem
- Acrylic decoupage medium
- Crackle finish kit
- Acrylic craft paint, brown
- Wooden skewers
- Sponge brush, 1"
- Appliqué glue
- Clear glue
- Matt varnish (optional)
- Cut fabric pieces to cover egg. Glue fabric pieces to the egg using Appliqué glue; overlap each section by about 1/4". Let dry.
- Push a skewer into the small end of egg to use as a handle; during drying times, rest skewer in an empty glass or can. Cover egg with two coats of acrylic decoupage medium; let dry. Cover egg with a generous coat of crackle medium, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix three tablespoons of clear-drying craft glue with one teaspoon brown acrylic paint and a small amount of water. The mixture should have the consistency of smooth, heavy cream. Brush this mixture onto egg with smooth, generous strokes, brushing each section just once and not overlapping strokes. Set aside to crackle.
- When dry, apply a coat of matt varnish, if desired.
- Tie ribbon around egg; add silk flower and leaves.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.