Let your garden grow. This fun and easy hair-raising lamb is a great craft for kids to help out with. It's easy to maintain and it's a great decoration.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Black, pink: acrylic paints
- Two wiggly eyes, 10mm
- Smooth black button
- Potting soil
- Grass or other quick-growing seed
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Sharp-edged teaspoon
- Paintbrush medium flat
- Disposable palette
- Thick white yarn
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle of water
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thin slice from narrow end of 5" foam egg to create flat bottom of body. Cut thin slice from wide end to flatten top.
- Use knife to gently outline hole in center top of head, leaving 1/4" foam edge intact. Use teaspoon to hollow out egg to depth of 2".
- Cut one 3" egg in half widthwise; glue larger section of egg to body for muzzle.
- Cut and discard lower third from wide end of remaining egg. Cut remaining portion in half lengthwise for ears. Use spoon to slightly hollow out flat undersides. Trim lower edge of each ear at an angle so it rests snug against head. Glue ears to head.
- Carefully paint ears and muzzle black; let dry. Paint pink cheeks, if desired; let dry. Glue wiggle eyes and nose to muzzle as shown.
- Cut yarn into 1" to 1-1/2" lengths. Use white glue to adhere yarn to head in random pattern of circles and swirls; let dry.
- Carefully spoon potting soil into hole to fill. Press dirt down firmly into hole. Sprinkle small amount of seed onto soil surface and pat down with fingertip. Use spray bottle to saturate soil before setting in sunny window to germinate. Keep soil moist until seed begins to sprout.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.