32 Recycle Crafts for Kids
By: Caley Walsh, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
With long summer afternoons inviting the kids to mischief, recycle crafts for kids can be a valuable tool of entertainment and distraction. These recycle crafts for kids are low to no cost, using materials from around the house like oatmeal containers and soda cans. Best of all, recycle crafts for kids teach a lesson about the importance of recycling and being aware of our impact on the environment. Get the whole family involved in making these recycle crafts for kids and you might even reduce your household waste.
32 Recycling Crafts for Kids Table of Contents
If you are looking for more recycling craft ideas, you can find our favorite ideas for craft projects that re-use in this collection of 42 Ways to Reuse Materials for Crafting.
- Smashed Soda Can Animals: Create a funny cow, pig or bear using empty soda cans, paint and felt.Recycle crafts for kids are a great tool for teaching kids about recycling.
- Tin Can Critters: For these recycle crafts for kids, use both tin cans and wastepaper to create a variety of fun and colorful critters.
- Pop Top Cans: Kids can help decorate these reused cans to give as gifts or party favors. Use a safety can opener to prevent sharp edges. Free crafts for kids make perfect Christmas gifts.
- Picture Card in a Can: Kids will love picking out the pictures for this gift tin made in a recycled tin can. A peanut can or other large aluminum can will work perfectly for recycle kids crafts like this.
- Soda Can Coasters: Here is a fun recycled project that is quick and easy. It is guaranteed to make people smile when they realize the coasters are constructed from soda can metal. What is your favorite flavor of soda? Show it off with these cute and fun coasters.
- Soup Can Bowling: Find out how to turn tin cans into a bowling set with these recycled craft instructions. Recycled kids crafts demonstrate how crafts for kids can always surprise you.
- NEW! Tin Can Pencil Organizers: Keep your pencils and pens all in one place with this easy upcycled project. This pencil holder is great for kids and adults alike.
- Making Ice Candles: Use an empty drink carton and an old aluminum can to make your own recycle kids crafts. Use soy candle wax or beeswax for a greener alternative to traditional petroleum-derived paraffin wax.
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video: Use the caps from your juice or milk carton to create fun fill photo frames for this upcycled back scratcher. Recycled craft projects can certainly come in handy and this project is a great example.
- Recycled Treat Containers: Drink carton bottle caps make up the nose, eyes and name tag of adorable dog-and-cat treat containers. Use the drink carton as the base for making these fun recycle crafts for kids.
- Bottle Cap Coaster: Kids will loving making this recycle craft project that's perfect for a rainy day. Take old milk bottle caps in an array of colors and put together to make flower shapes.
- Drink Carton Gift Box: Follow this eco-friendly craft design to upcycle an empty drink carton into a colorful gift box. Use to package homemade gifts of cookies or other snacks. You can even use these cartons are growing kit gifts, with soil and a seed packet. Kids will love recycle kids crafts once they make this.
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets: Recycle water bottles into pink flower bracelets for fun recycle crafts for kids.
- Cat Bottle Bank: Kids can recycle a 1-liter bottle into an adorable kitten to watch over their allowance. If you're looking for free crafts for kids, this is a great project.
- Dog Bottle Bank: If puppies are more to the kids liking, here is a dog bank made from recycling a 1-liter bottle. Kids will love showing off crafts from recycled materials, especially one as cute as this.
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder: Instead of sending more plastic to the landfill, turn a plastic bottle into a fun and functional birdfeeder crafted like a birdhouse. Recycled craft projects look great outdoors, so be sure to add a few to your garden.
- Adorable Bottle Cap Lady Bug: Bring recycle crafts for kids to your next picnic - it's a great way to keep them busy. Bottle cap craft ideas are a fun way to go green and make cute projects on a budget. No need to worry about bugs at this picnic!
- NEW! Aleene's Bottle Cap Birdie: Go green and make plastic bottle cap crafts that adults and kids will love to look at. A Plastic Bottle Cap Bird is a fun and whimsical decorative piece you can display anywhere.
Whether it's raining, snowing, or just a few days off from school, these extra 15 Green Crafts for Children will help keep kids occupied and entertained for hours.
- Recycled Newspaper Beads: Use old newspaper to create big, circular beads. Kids will love painting and decorating these recycled paper beads.
- Oatmeal Box Pencil Holder: Kids can help make and decorate these pencil holders using recycled materials.
- CD Case Picture Frame: Turn regular jewel cases (CD cases) into hanging picture frames for recycle crafts for kids.
- Pizza Box Art: The kids will really get into the spirit of recycling with these fun recycling crafts for kids make on pizza boxes. The pretty egret is made with pieces of CDs.
- Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet: Recycled plastic bottle crafts are the perfect excuse to go green! Make yourself a Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet and save the environment at the same time. Save your water or beverage bottle and make something you can wear forever.
- Bottle Cap Bugs: Summer is a time when you should stay hydrated, but all of those plastic water bottles can lead to a high volume of waste. Now you can save those caps and create cute critters to decorate your home or outdoor space. You can also use cereal box cardboard for this project, making it one of the most versatile recycled craft projects around.
- Eco Froggy Bank: Love those yummy cold drinks from your favorite coffee shop? Use the plastic cups to create recycled kids crafts like this one. Little ones will enjoy ddecorating their own frong and adding embellishments. Crafts from recycled materials have never looked this good or been this much fun to make.
- Easy Coffee Filter Daffodils: Just when you thought spring can't last all year long, recycle kids crafts like this one come along and change everything! If you can't live without your morning cup of joe, this project is perfect for you. Recycle crafts for kids are always in season and so are these daffodils. Create a bouquet to brighten up your winter decor.
- NEW! Pringles Storage Container: Store all your paint brushes, colored pencils, or markers in old Pringles cans! This is one project that the kids will love making because they can decorate their can however they'd like.
- Cute Paper Bowl Turtle: Add this paper bowl project to your list of recycled crafts for kids. You'll save your trash can from filling up and your kids will get a chance to make a recycled reptile.
- Pig Paper Plate: Learn how to make recycled animals like this pig. From these recycled craft instructions, you can transform your old paper plates into swine.
- Owl Paper Cup: Whooo wouldn't love these adorable owl paper cups? These are easy kids crafts that look cute and get rid of unwanted paper cups.
- Ladybug Paper Plate: If you've recently thrown a get-together, you probably have paper plates galore around your house. There's no need to throw them away when you can transform them into a cute recycle craft for kids.
- NEW! Paper Plate Gratitude Flowers: Line your walkways with these large and fun Paper Plate Gratitude Flowers. Write down something you're grateful for on each flower to constantly be reminded how lucky you are!
For even more recycling crafts, see these collections:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie