37 Recycle Crafts for Kids
By: Caley Walsh, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Recycle crafts for kids can be a valuable tool of entertainment and distraction after a long school day. These craft projects for kids cost almost nothing to make and you can use materials from around the house, like oatmeal containers. If you're looking for fun craft projects for kids that are perfect for Earth Day, this is a must-have collection.
Save up those drink cartons, plastic bottles and even paper plates - you can use all of these items for these craft projects. Even if Earth Day is nowhere in sight, save this collection for a rainy day and have kids get creative on a rainy afternoon. They'll love making their own games, organizers and even birdfeeders.
37 Recycle Crafts for Kids
Table of Contents
If you are looking for more recycling craft ideas, you can find our favorite ideas for craft projects that reuse in this collection of 42 Ways to Reuse Materials for Crafting.You'll find projects that look great and help the planet at the same time. In addition to recycled crafts for kids, you'll find projects parents can make on their own. There's never a bad time to use recycled materials, so dip into your discards and gather up supplies. You won't believe how much you can make with so few supplies.
- Smashed Soda Can Animals: Create a funny cow, pig or bear using empty soda cans, paint and felt.Recycle crafts for kids are a great tool for teaching kids about recycling.
- Tin Can Critters: For these recycle crafts for kids, use both tin cans and wastepaper to create a variety of fun and colorful critters.
- Pop Top Cans: Kids can help decorate these reused cans to give as gifts or party favors. Use a safety can opener to prevent sharp edges. Free crafts for kids make perfect Christmas gifts.
- Picture Card in a Can: Kids will love picking out the pictures for this gift tin made in a recycled tin can. A peanut can or other large aluminum can will work perfectly for recycle kids crafts like this.
- Soda Can Coasters: Here is a fun recycled project that is quick and easy. It is guaranteed to make people smile when they realize the coasters are constructed from soda can metal. What is your favorite flavor of soda? Show it off with these cute and fun coasters.
- Soup Can Bowling: Find out how to turn tin cans into a bowling set with these recycled craft instructions. Recycled kids crafts demonstrate how crafts for kids can always surprise you.
- Tin Can Pencil Organizers: Keep your pencils and pens all in one place with this easy upcycled project. This pencil holder is great for kids and adults alike.
- Making Ice Candles: Use an empty drink carton and an old aluminum can to make your own recycle kids crafts. Use soy candle wax or beeswax for a greener alternative to traditional petroleum-derived paraffin wax.
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video: Use the caps from your juice or milk carton to create fun fill photo frames for this upcycled back scratcher. Recycled craft projects can certainly come in handy and this project is a great example.
- Recycled Treat Containers: Drink carton bottle caps make up the nose, eyes and name tag of adorable dog-and-cat treat containers. Use the drink carton as the base for making these fun recycle crafts for kids.
- Bottle Cap Coaster: Kids will loving making this recycle craft project that's perfect for a rainy day. Take old milk bottle caps in an array of colors and put together to make flower shapes.
- Drink Carton Gift Box: Follow this eco-friendly craft design to upcycle an empty drink carton into a colorful gift box. Use to package homemade gifts of cookies or other snacks. You can even use these cartons are growing kit gifts, with soil and a seed packet. Kids will love recycle kids crafts once they make this.
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets: Recycle water bottles into pink flower bracelets for fun recycle crafts for kids.
- Cat Bottle Bank: Kids can recycle a 1-liter bottle into an adorable kitten to watch over their allowance. If you're looking for free crafts for kids, this is a great project.
- Dog Bottle Bank: If puppies are more to the kids liking, here is a dog bank made from recycling a 1-liter bottle. Kids will love showing off crafts from recycled materials, especially one as cute as this.
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder: Instead of sending more plastic to the landfill, turn a plastic bottle into a fun and functional birdfeeder crafted like a birdhouse. Recycled craft projects look great outdoors, so be sure to add a few to your garden.
- Adorable Bottle Cap Lady Bug: Bring recycle crafts for kids to your next picnic - it's a great way to keep them busy. Bottle cap craft ideas are a fun way to go green and make cute projects on a budget. No need to worry about bugs at this picnic!
- Aleene's Bottle Cap Birdie: Go green and make plastic bottle cap crafts that adults and kids will love to look at. A Plastic Bottle Cap Bird is a fun and whimsical decorative piece you can display anywhere.
Whether it's raining, snowing, or just a few days off from school, these extra 15 Green Crafts for Children will help keep kids occupied and entertained for hours. Dig into your recycle bin and discover ways to craft with plastic bottles, paper plates and so much more. Kids will love showing off their creative sides and making crafts that really reflect their interests. From robots to homemade board games, these recycling ideas for kids get kids in the spirit for Earth Day. These recycled art projects for kids will also reinforce the importance of that old saying "Reduce, reuse, recycle." Kids will learn why this ideas is so important without even realizing it!
- Recycled Newspaper Beads: Use old newspaper to create big, circular beads. Kids will love painting and decorating these recycled paper beads.
- Oatmeal Box Pencil Holder: Kids can help make and decorate these pencil holders using recycled materials.
- CD Case Picture Frame: Turn regular jewel cases (CD cases) into hanging picture frames for recycle crafts for kids.
- Pizza Box Art: The kids will really get into the spirit of recycling with these fun recycling crafts for kids make on pizza boxes. The pretty egret is made with pieces of CDs.
- Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet: Recycled plastic bottle crafts are the perfect excuse to go green! Make yourself a Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet and save the environment at the same time. Save your water or beverage bottle and make something you can wear forever.
- Bottle Cap Bugs: Summer is a time when you should stay hydrated, but all of those plastic water bottles can lead to a high volume of waste. Now you can save those caps and create cute critters to decorate your home or outdoor space. You can also use cereal box cardboard for this project, making it one of the most versatile recycled craft projects around.
- Eco Froggy Bank: Love those yummy cold drinks from your favorite coffee shop? Use the plastic cups to create recycled kids crafts like this one. Little ones will enjoy ddecorating their own frong and adding embellishments. Crafts from recycled materials have never looked this good or been this much fun to make.
- Easy Coffee Filter Daffodils: Just when you thought spring can't last all year long, recycle kids crafts like this one come along and change everything! If you can't live without your morning cup of joe, this project is perfect for you. Recycle crafts for kids are always in season and so are these daffodils. Create a bouquet to brighten up your winter decor.
- Pringles Storage Container: Store all your paint brushes, colored pencils, or markers in old Pringles cans! This is one project that the kids will love making because they can decorate their can however they'd like.
- NEW! Upcycled Ladybug Storage Jars: Channel the best aspects of spring and clear your clutter at the same time. This project is super easy and the results are stunning. Recycled crafts for kids have never looked so adorable.
- NEW! Eco-Friendly Plastic Cup Flowers: Plastic cups are a crafter's best friend. If you're looking for recycling crafts for kids that don't cost an arm and a leg, this is the perfect project to try.
- NEW! Fuzzy Bumble Bee: Use up scraps from your craft closet and make this adorable little bee. Spring is the absolute best time to make recycled art projects for kids, so get started right now.
- NEW! Hand Painted Rock Bugs: This project costs almost nothing to make and it won't harm the Earth in any way. In fact, you only have to venture into your yard for supplies. Recycled crafts don't always have to involved discards - use rocks from your garden and add some paint for a colorful look.
- NEW! Recycled Cardboard Caddy: There's no better way to get organized then with this homemade desk orgazer. Kids will love lending a hand and making recycled crafts they can see every single day. Have then create one for their desk at home so homework goes much faster. Now they can't make an excuse that they're missing any of their school or office supplies - everything will be laid out right in front on their faces.
- Cute Paper Bowl Turtle: Add this paper bowl project to your list of recycled crafts for kids. You'll save your trash can from filling up and your kids will get a chance to make a recycled reptile.
- Pig Paper Plate: Learn how to make recycled animals like this pig. From these recycled craft instructions, you can transform your old paper plates into swine.
- Owl Paper Cup: Whooo wouldn't love these adorable owl paper cups? These are easy kids crafts that look cute and get rid of unwanted paper cups.
- Ladybug Paper Plate: If you've recently thrown a get-together, you probably have paper plates galore around your house. There's no need to throw them away when you can transform them into a cute recycle craft for kids.
- Paper Plate Gratitude Flowers: Line your walkways with these large and fun Paper Plate Gratitude Flowers. Write down something you're grateful for on each flower to constantly be reminded how lucky you are!
Gather up the kids and make a Three Minute Recycled Office Organizer. It's a great way to clear clutter and keep homework organized. Watch this free craft video and learn how to make your own.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sandits Sanding Sticks
- Apricot Bath Bomb Recipe
- Homemade Lip Balm
- Spiced Brown Sugar Scrub
- Tree of Love DIY Wedding Centerpiece
- Painted Tool Box DIY Father's Day Gift
- Mary Vaughn
- Red and Black Dangly Plastic Earrings
- Refashioned Patchwork Jacket Sewing Pattern
- Coraline's Summer Baby Hat Pattern