This tatted earrings pattern is great for those who are looking for more advanced tatting patterns. Lightweight and colorful in design, these earrings are great for the spring and summer, and make wonderful gifts for your friends!
- 2 tatting shuttles
- Size 20 crochet cotton
- 12 seed beads size 10 or 11 for stringing
- 11 seed beads size 8 for bead joins (2 of these a contrasting color if desired)
- 1 drop bead
- String 6 sb, 1 drop bead, 6 sb onto the thread. These are wound onto sh 2. No beads on sh 1.Lr 6, Sp, 2, Lp about 16 mm when open (able to hold 3 Lsb when closed with room to j), 2, Lp, 2, Lp, 2, Sp, 6, cl r. RW.
- Ch 8, bp, 8. Sj to Sp.
- Ch 12. RW.
- R 4, j to Lp with 3 Lsb placed on it, 2, p (about 5 mm open), 3, cl r. RW.
- Fr of 5, cl r. Ch 8. RW. R 3, bj (with 1 Lsb) to p of pr r, 2, bj to next Lp with 3 Lsb placed on it, 2, p, 3, cl r. RW.
- Next comes the ring with the picot full of beads. This is a Fr made with sh 2. Slide up 5 sb, the drop b, 5 sb. R 5, bp with all the b in it (leave a bit of space so they can dangle freely), 5, cl r.
- Ch 8. RW.
- R 3, bj to p of pr r, 2, bj to last Lp with 3 Lsb placed on it, 4, cl r. RW.
- Fr of 5, cl r. Ch 12, sj to Sp. Ch 8, bp, 8. Sj to top.
- Last r 5, j to finding, 5, cl r. Work the ends into this last ring.
bj bead join
bp bead picot
cl r close ring
Fr floating ring (made with shuttle 2)
Lp large picot
Lr large ring
Lsb large seed bead
RW reverse work
sb seed bead
sj shuttle join (locking join)
Sp small picot