Create a Reborn Doll from a 20” Berenguer LaBaby Doll. These make for cute baby dolls to play with or even collector's dolls for adults. Once these babies are "born" you will think it's real.
- 12-13” baby-style wig
- Unstuffed jointed body
- 20” vinyl baby doll (Berenguer LaBaby)
- Amethyst Acrylic Paint
- Fan Brush
- Windsor & Newton Alkyd Paint
- Finity Artists Acrylic Color
- Polyester fiberfill
- Beads (optional)
- Remove head, arms and legs from original body.
- Paint the inside of the head, hands and feet very lightly with Amethyst Acrylic Paint using a fan brush.
- Add blush to the cheeks, hands and feet by using Windsor & Newton Alkyd Paint. Pick up a tiny bit of paint on a piece of clean cotton knit and blot most of it off. Rub in a circular motion making it lighter at edges. If you change your mind, Blending and Glazing Medium will take it off.
- Eyebrows can be added by making fine lines with Finity Artists’ Acrylic Color, then blotting with a paper towel.
- Add Wispy Eyelashes to enhance the eyes.
- Finger and toenails can be painted with paints and prism color pencils. Regular nail polish can be used, but will chip over time.
- Attach head, arms and legs to the new unstuffed, jointed body. Stuff the body with polyester fiberfill and bead (optional).
- 12-13" Wispy wig gives a baby look. If using a full cap wig, a 14-15" size fits well.
- You can also use an unstuffed body w/armature. Cut off the head insert 1/4" below the funnel shape with a craft knife. Push two sections of the head armature into the insert and use hot glue to hold tight. Push 1-2 links of the armature into the vinyl hands and feet.
- Apple Valley translucent vinyl doll parts are also designed for making reborns. They come unpainted to allow you to create your own special doll using a color wash and painting just as you would a Berenguer Reborn. Eyes are preset in the heads. Eyelashes are not included.