Add elegance to your holiday table with this leaf-stenciled table linen set including placemat and napkin ring.
DecoArt Products Required
- Foam plate
- 1" flat brush
- Paper towels
- 3/4" round foam pouncer brushes
- Silk maple leaves (2 1/4" to 3 1/4" long)
- Toilet paper roll core
- Olive green fabric placemat (linen/canvas)
- Tan fabric napkin
Preparation: Remove plastic veins from leaves, if any.
1. Squeeze small amount of Bronze Metallic onto foam plate and brush onto leaf front with flat brush. Referring to photo for placement, place leaf paint side down on placemat and place paper towel over leaf. Press over leaf surface with hand, rubbing across with finger to ensure all of leaf is transferred. Carefully lift up towel, then leaf; set leaf aside.
2. Using variety of leaf sizes, repeat "stenciling" process above over placemat surface. (Each leaf can be reused 2 to 3 times.)
3. Use pouncer brush dipped into Bronze Metallic to paint dots in space around leaf patterns. Dot on napkin with Bronze Metallic; allow all to dry.
4. For napkin ring, cut 1 1/2" section from toilet paper core; glue six painted leaves around core, overlapping at one end.