Eggs and flowers don't just have to be used for eating and smelling pretty. You can turn them into a wreath with silk flowers and paints. It makes for a great springtime decoration.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Eggs: two 3"; seven 2-1/2"; four 2"
- Wreaths: 14"; 12"
- 16 oz. package White air-dry modeling compound
- Crackle-finish spray paints: metallic gold; creamy white
- 12 stems Spring green preserved oak leaves
- Background texture rubber stamps
- Cream silk hydrangea, six bunches
- 16 Floral picks or wooden skewers, 6"
- Dark green reindeer moss, large bag
- Brown-wrapped floral wire
- Floral pins
- Wire cutters
- Paper towels
- Floral shears
- Large cardboard box
- Thick, white craft glue
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Use glue gun to glue 12" foam wreath to top of 14" foam wreath. Apply glue to three floral picks and insert, equally spaced, through both wreaths to secure; trim excess.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, cover each foam egg with thin layer of air-dry modeling compound. Randomly stamp eggs with texture stamps. Let dry overnight.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to prepare paint. Place eggs in large cardboard box to prevent overspray; paint outdoors, if possible, or in well-ventilated area. Paint all eggs metallic gold; let dry. Lightly spray some areas of eggs creamy white, allowing gold to show through. Let dry.
- Cut 3" length from wire and twist ends together; glue ends into top center back of larger wreath for hanger. Glue reindeer moss to wreaths, completely covering surface.
- Use floral pins to secure green leaves and stems around outside edge of larger wreath; pin several leaves to front of smaller wreath.
- Glue one end of each remaining floral pick into an egg, varying pick placement. With wreath hanger at top of wreath, insert egg picks into wreath. Use photo as placement guide.
- Insert hydrangea bunches into wreath around egg groupings as desired to create balanced design. Remove hydrangea stems, leaf stems, and egg picks. Apply glue to ends and reinsert into wreath. Glue small bits of moss to exposed glue and floral pins.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.