This beach theme art home decor project will feel like you brought the beach home with you. Use eclectic embellishment mix that can be purchased or assembled from your own beachcombing treasures.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Stone textured aerosol paint: Travertine Tan; White Onyx
- Cardstock, white, 6" x 6"
- Netting, 12" x 20"
- Beach-themed bottle cap embellishments, two
- Beach-themed chipboard word embellishments, seven
- Sand castle dimensional sticker
- Vintage beach scene images, two
- Sand dollar rubber stamp, about 1-1/2" diameter
- Seashells, various types, 16
- Starfish: two 4"; five 1"-1-1/2"
- Natural reindeer moss, one bag
- Heavyweight cardboard, 5" square
- Brown craft wire
- Wooden skewer
- Floral "U" pins, six
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Large cardboard box. Disposable gloves. Mask.
Note: Read the label thoroughly and be sure the paint you choose is foam-safe.
- Cut two 2" squares from cardstock and cut into rough circles.
- Place foam wreath, cardstock circles and sand castle sticker inside cardboard box. Work outdoors if possible, or in well-ventilated area; if desired, put on gloves and mask. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint foam pieces and sticker with both paint colors; let dry completely.
- Stamp painted circles with sand dollar stamp.
- Cut irregular 4" square from cardboard; use glue gun to secure square to bottom inside edge of wreath. Use glue gun to secure reindeer moss to square.
- Use glue gun to secure two large starfish to left side of cardboard square in center of wreath as shown. Adhere vintage beach image and bottle cap opposite starfish. Adhere remaining beach image and bottle cap to wreath at "4 o' clock" position. Glue stamped sand dollars, shells, remaining starfish and chipboard words to wreath.
- Use floral pins and glue gun to secure netting to back of wreath and moss-covered cardboard piece.
- Cut 2" length from skewer and glue to back bottom edge of painted sticker; insert skewer into top left side of wreath as shown. Glue bits of moss between sticker edge and wreath.
- Use wire cutters to cut one 6" length from wire; twist ends together to create hanging loop. Use glue gun to secure wire end into top center back of wreath.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.