Fresh and festive, this playful, paper-wrapped wreath brings a dash of summer sunshine to any room. Make it yourself in just a few easy steps!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Wreath, 12" x 2" x 1" beveled
- Silk daisies, six each: small white; assorted color medium and large gerbera
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12" sheets, one each: pink; light pink; pink dot; green; green dot; orange
- Green vellum, 12" x 12" sheet
- Green floral wire
- Floral T-pins
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Cut three 1-1/2" x 12" strips from each sheet of paper; cut each strip in half to create 36 six-inch strips.
- Beginning and ending at back of foam wreath, wrap and glue one paper strip around wreath; pin ends to secure. Continue adding paper strips until wreath is covered; alternate colors and overlap strips slightly, pinning at back until glue dries. When dry, remove pins.
- Use wire cutters to trim daisy stems to 3/4" length. Refer to photo and poke small holes into paper where daisies will be placed; use scissors tip or craft pin to poke holes. Apply glue to flower stems and insert into holes in wreath.
- Using pattern, cut six leaves from vellum; cut each leaf along slit on pattern. To form cup-shaped leaves, cross leaf ends over each other on either side of slit and glue to secure. Glue leaves in and around daisies as shown.
- Cut several 1/8" x 6" strips from assorted papers for tendrils; wrap tightly around pencil to curl. Glue tendrils in and around daisies and leaves.
- Cut two 1" x 7" strips from paper of choice for ribbons; cut each end at a slant. Glue ribbon ends to bottom back of wreath.
- Cut 4" length from wire; twist ends together to make loop. Glue wire ends into top back of wreath for hanger.
For pattern, click here.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.