Cylinder Gift Box
By: Jana Ewy for AMACO
Create a cylinder gift box from AMACO from embossed metal and wire ribbon.
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Pure Metal Sheets — Bright Gold
- AMACO® Fun Wire™ — Clear/Silver (22 Gauge)
- AMACO® Needle Tool
- Plastic tube (empty ArtEmboss® package)
- One 1" Wood Bead
- One 10mm Silver Filigree Bead
- One 8mm Gold Spacer Bead
- Two 6mm Silver Beads
- Gold Mesh Wire-edged Ribbon (21/2" Wide)
- Fiskars Crimper (paper corrugator)
- Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint
- Round Nose Pliers
- Rubber Mallet
- Fun Foam Sheet
- Spray Adhesive
- E6000 Glue
- Texturing ArtEmboss® Metal Sheets (hammered look): Cut the metal sheet to the size needed for project. Apply beads of hot glue to one side of a rubber mallet. Place the metal on a foam sheet. Hammer with the beaded side of the mallet until the entire piece is textured. With the foam sheet still underneath, use the brayer to flatten the metal back out. Be careful not to press too hard; you don’t want to lose the texture.
- TUBES - Cut the plastic tube to 41/2". Cut a 9" x 51/4" piece of ArtEmboss® Bright Gold from the sheet. Pass the metal through the crimper, short side first. Turn the metal and pass it through the crimper again, creating a waffle pattern. Wrap the metal around the tube and trim off any excess. Use spray adhesive to adhere the metal piece to the tube, silver side out.
- Cut a 16" length of ribbon and wrap around the tube. Twist the ribbon to secure and glue a 6mm silver bead into the center. Trim the ribbon.
- LID - Cut a 21/2" x 21/2" piece of ArtEmboss® Bright Gold from the metal sheet. Texture the metal using the hammered technique. Trace the lid pattern onto the textured metal with the stylus and cut out. Use spray adhesive to adhere the metal piece to the lid.
- Paint the wood bead; let dry. Use the needle tool to pierce a hole in the center of the lid. Insert a 5" length of Clear/Silver Fun Wire™ through the hole and turn a small loop to secure it inside the lid. Place the wood bead, silver filigree bead, gold spacer bead and 6mm silver bead on the wire, then use the round nose pliers to bend and form a spiral at the top. Glue to secure the beads. Place lid on tube.