Stencil flowers and a large central butterfly on this decorative storage box, perfecting for spring decorating. Paint with acrylic paint in bright colors like Tangerine and Hot Pink.
- 223 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Bright Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- 29146 - Simply ® Stencils - Value Packs - Butterflies
- 410 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lavender, 2 oz.
- 413 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Pink, 2 oz.
- 627 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Tangerine, 2 oz.
- 634 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Hot Pink, 2 oz.
- 901 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- 938 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- Paper Mache box
- Stencil brush
- Liner brush
- ¾" flat brush
- Craft knife
- Hot glue
- Basecoat box bright baby pink. Dry brush with wicker white and then tangerine. Allow to dry.
- Stencil the butterfly on top with pink. Allow to dry. Using the liner brush, make tangerine scrolls on the top wing and lavender lines on the bottom wing. Add hot pink dots to the body using the end of the brush. Outline the whole butterfly as shown in photo. Outline the outer edges of the top of lid. On the sides of the lid alternate pink and licorice strips using the liner brush. Also add to the scallops at the bottom of lid using licorice and the liner brush.
- Stencil flowers in tangerine. Outline in licorice with liner brush. Add small dot in center using lavender. Add larger dots around flowers using pink.
- To attach the lid to the box at back side, using the craft knife, cut corners and glue the back flap( back side of lid) to top side of box.