Decorate for an indoor or outdoor party with this fun Pom Pom Party Garland. Great for adding a special touch to any celebration, this DIY party decor is easy and fun to make. You can even use the "tassel" theme to celebrate an upcoming graduation!
- 2 sheets of tissue paper (this will make 2 tassels)
- Cutting mat and rotary cutter or exacto knife
- Straight edge or ruler
- Glue gun and sticks
- Open both sheets of tissue paper and align them together. You may need to iron your tissue if it has lots of creases. Fold tissue in half across the width. Fold again, but this time fold lengthwise. Position the tissue so that the folds are to the top and to the left.
- You will cut the tissue a little less than 1/2 inch wide. Line your straight edge up and begin cutting about 2 inches down from the top. Continue cutting across at 1/2 inch intervals. When you get to the end, cut all of the way up. You will then separate into two tassels. Open one of the tassels all the way up with the cut portion on the sides.
- Start at the bottom and fold the tissue up until you get to the top. You will now twist the solid part in the middle. Next you will twist it into a loop. Almost done!
- Arrange all of your tassels in the order you would like to hang them in. You will now open the loop and twist on to the rope. You will want to dab with glue as you twist to make sure it is secure. Finish adding all of the tassels, brush them down a bit, and you are done!