If you're looking for unique centerpiece craft ideas, consider making one of these Personalized Crystal Ice Centerpieces from Stephanie Petersen. These DIY centerpieces are a great way to display photos and other memories while adding a personal touch to your party decor.
- Print 'n Press Iron-On Transfer Sheets
- Photos and other momentos you'd like to scan
- Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner, or other scanner
- Sheets of white fabric
- Half gallon flat sided plastic container
- A clear glass jar that will fit inside the plastic container leaving 2 inches or less of room in between
- Crystals, silk flowers and other decorations
- Miniature flashlights
- Glass dessert stand with glass bowl
- Scan your photos and momentos using the Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner or other scanner.
- Using the iron-on transfer sheets, iron the images onto the white fabric.
- Cut out the pictures.
- Line pictures along the outside of the plastic container.
- Fill in the remaining space with crystals, silk flowers and other decorations.
- Fill with water about an inch below the rim. It won't cover all the details completely, but it should get pretty close. Place in freezer and leave for 12 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Remove glass jar and return ice to the freezer.
- Place miniature flashlights at bottom of glass bowl.
- Remove ice sculpture from freezer and place inside glass bowl, with the flashlight in the center hole.
- Stack second ice sculpture on top of first (if desired).
We interviewed Stephanie Petersen on FaveCrafts Radio and asked her about this project. Listen to the April 6th show to hear her tips and tricks.