Vintage photos work best for this wooden photo plaque, using the eCraft electronic die cutting machine by Craftwell. These make unique memorial gifts for war veterans, and they are a great way to honor loved ones this Veteran's Day.
- Printable Adhesive Fabric Square 1
- Photo (sized to fit wood piece)
- Transfer Tape or Contact Paper
- Light Brown Vinyl
- Needle or Craft Pick Tool
- Sponge Brush
- Sable Brown Acrylic Paint
- Sanding Block/Ink Blending Tool, Ranger Distress Ink Gathered Twigs (optional)
- eCraft Settings: Pressure Setting – 1, Tab Density –0, Tab Width – 0, Multi Cut – 0, Blade Cap – on, Card Stock Stabilizer used.
- Prep your fame if needed by painting the sides with Arcylic paint, let dry.
- In photo program size photo to fit wood. Print photo onto Square 1 Printable Adhesive Fabric, let dry (if your photo is a larger than the area you are putting it on, just sand off the sides with a sanding block).
- If desired ink edges of photo to blend in with painted wood. We used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Open SCAL3 type desired text, resize and send to eCraft; cut from Light Brown Vinyl.
- Weed vinyl, leaving words.
- Apply transfer tape over cut letters, pressing firmly.
- Carefully remove backing, to reveal vinyl on Transfer Tape. Note sticky side of the vinyl is now facing you. The Transfer Tape is a bit tacky like Painters Tape – don’t worry it won’t stick to your project. Place sticky side down onto your project; rub gently to remove vinyl words onto your project.