By Susan Dumas from Krylon
Put your basic woodworking skills to good use to create this lovely fireplace screen, which can be easily customized to match any decor.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Hunter Green (#52001)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Mountain View (#53548)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Burgundy (#52118)
- 4 pieces of ¾" poplar cut 9.25" wide by 32" high
- 4 pieces of ½" half-round molding cut in 9.25" lengths
- 16 decorative wood reliefs from Walnut Hollow No. 16301
- Floral wallpaper
- Wallpaper paste
- Three pairs of hinges
- Wood Glue
- Masking tape
- Tack cloth
- Prime the four panels of poplar and molding and sand lightly when dry, then wipe wood with tack cloth.
- Spray several light coats of Burgundy on the molding and decorative reliefs.
- Measure 18.5" from the bottom of the panels and draw a pencil line across all four panels. Take the plastic and tape it to pencil line to protect it from the spray paint.
- On whichever side of the panel that isn’t protected with the plastic, spray several light coats of the appropriate color.
- When the panels, molding and decorative wood reliefs are dry, glue the molding to each panel and either clamp them or put weights on them.
- Glue the wood reliefs in the corners of each panel on the top and put weights on them.
- Cut out a floral motif or any other motif of your choosing and decoupage it to panels.
- Attach hinges.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.