By Tammie Wilson from Delta Creative
This fast and fun frosted tree-o is sure to add a little sparkle your holiday! The elegant look is timeless so you’ll be sure to enjoy these for years to come.
- Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint-
- Lavender (017158204723)
- Metallic Silver (017158260323)
- Delta Texture Magic Dimensional Paint™- White (017158280017) (4 tubes)
- Delta Texture Magic Easy Grip Spreaders™ (017158281007)
- Pearl Finish (017158260125)
- Delta Ceramcoat® Sparkle Glaze (017158701222)
- Styrofoam® White Cones (available at Michaels) -
- 11 15/16” x 3 15/16” (046501121707)
- 3 7/8” x 8 7/8” (046501121608)
- 2 15/16” x 5 7/8” (046501015419)
- Styrofoam® Floral Foam
- Snow Flakes- 1 bag
- (3) 4” Rose Pots
- (3) 4” Saucers
- Dowels- 5/16” x 12”
- Bridal Elegant Accents- beaded trim
- Glitter Crystal Disco (optional)
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Brush
- 1” Glaze/Wash Series 7550C
- Straight pins
- Serrated knife
- Use straight pins to secure the beaded trim in place along the lower edge of each cone. Insert a dowel down the center of each cone.
- Remove the spreaders from the packaging and the seals from all the tubes of Texture Magic.
- Working one cone at a time, generously squeeze Texture Magic along the bottom edge, on the ribbon part of the trim and all over the cone. Use the rounded spreader to smooth the Texture Magic over the cone making sure it is completely covered. Add more Texture Magic as needed. Place dowel through the hole in the inverted pot and let dry.
- Repeat on remaining cones and let dry, preferably overnight.
- Brush on 2 to 3 coats of Sparkle Glaze. Dust with glitter while Sparkle Glaze is still wet to add more sparkle if desired.
- Cut foam with knife to fit pots and pack into place. Insert dowel with tree and cover the foam with Snow Flakes.