Ornate gold stenciling and rich Burgundy color transform a basic mirror and frames into a beautiful home decor accent from Krylon.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Burgundy (#52118)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold Plate (#1000)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Copper (#9903)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- 20" × 24" Masonite board 1/4" thick
- 20" × 24" Frame
- 9" × 12" Frame
- 9" × 12" Mirror
- Heavy-duty glue
- Masking tape
- Nails or frame tacks
- Spray masonite board with Burgundy paint. Let dry. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Spray 20" × 24" frame with 18 KT. Gold paint. Let dry. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Detail 9" × 12" frame with 18 KT. Gold, Silver and Copper Leafing pens. Line pens up with the different edges of the frame. Run pens along edges to cover frame – Gold on the outer edge, then Copper, then Silver. Let dry.
- Attach mirror to frame. Set aside.
- Measure and mark center of masonite board. Mark placement of the mirror frame. You will have about a 5" border around the mirror.
- Using chalk and a ruler, measure and mark center of each side of the border. Plan out your stencil placement.
- Spray Easy-Tack™ onto back of stencil. Let set for five minutes. Place stencil onto board. Cover unprotected areas with newspaper to prevent overspray on other areas. Spray stencil design with 18 KT. Gold paint. Mist lightly, building your color slowly. This prevents any paint from bleeding under the stencil openings. Let dry before assembling mirror and frame.
- Glue mirror frame to center of masonite board. Place a weight on each corner of frame to be sure frame adheres to masonite board. Let dry thoroughly.
- Insert masonite into gold frame. Secure with nails or frame tacks. Place on hanger.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.