Flag down those spring breezes with a cheerful banner spelling out "spring" with flowers at each end.
DecoArt Products Required
- FP02 - Yellow
- FP05 - Apple Green
- FP07 - Purple
- Craft knife or scissors
- Lo-temp glue gun
- 2 yards of green plastic craft lacing
- Six spring colors of 12" x 18" craft foam sheets (We used pale blue, lilac, green, pink, yellow, and purple.)
1. For each pennant shape, fold foam sheet in half lengthwise (12" x 9") with fold at top. On folded edge, mark 6" from left side. On opposite edges at bottom, mark 3" from left side. Cut through layers from 6" mark at top to 3" mark at bottom; cut from 3" mark at bottom to top left corner of folded edge.
2. Alternating colors of Foam Paint, paint letters for "SPRING" on one side of pennants; let dry.
3. On scrap of green foam, use Apple Green to paint four leaves; let dry.
4. On scrap of pink and yellow foam, paint two flowers about 3" wide with spiral centers in desired colors of Foam Paint; let dry. Cut small rectangle (1" x 1 1/2") from scraps to match each flower.
5. Placing pennants 2" apart, fold pennants in half over lacing and glue sides of pennant together between layers.
6. Cut out flower and leaf shapes just outside paint line. Glue leaves to back of flower shapes. Place flower at each end of banner, 2" from pennant on each side. Place lacing at back of flower shapes and glue rectangle over lacing to back of flower.