Flair Flower Pillow
By: Suzie Shinseki for ilovetocreate
White poppies on a lime green background really makes a statement in your sun room or on your patio furniture. Quickly embellish with green bottle bead paint. This site will show you how to make throw pillows fast and creatively.
- Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ Paint (gemstone)
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (glacier white)
- Lime green fabric – 1 yard
- Paper towels
- Crafter’s sponge
- Craft knife
- Straight pins
- Freezer paper
- Sewing machine
- Needle and matching thread
- Foam plate or piece of foil for palette
- Pillow form – 16” x 16”
- Cut two 18” x 18”squares from fabric. Set aside.
- Enlarge pattern approximately 150%. Trace pattern onto freezer paper (non-shiny side). Cut out silhouette with crafter’s knife.
- Position freezer paper stencil on one of the 18 x 18” squares. Iron down; make sure edges are well adhered. Lay fabric with stencil on clean paper towel.
- Shake bottle of Glacier White well. Pour a puddle onto palette.
- Dip sponge into paint and pounce two coats into stencil. Let dry after each coat.
- Follow instructions on Tulip® Beads In A Bottle™ packaging. Always test first on piece of scrap fabric.
- Gently squeeze Lime Green beads in the green area following the edges of the white flowers. Leave a small space between the paint beads as they will expand. Outline the flowers only, not the stems. Let dry.
- Using White Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™, make a cluster of white beads in the center of the flowers. Let dry thoroughly before proceeding with pillow assembly.
- Place remaining square piece with its right side on top and facing the painted side. Match up edges and pin sides together.
- Use sewing machine to stitch 5/8”–¾” seams on three sides of pillow. Stitch 2” in from both ends of open side and leave remainder of bottom open. Turn right side out. Turn under open seams and press.
- Insert pillow form. Use needle and thread to hand stitch remaining open seam.